1961 Supro 600 TUBE REVERBERATION UNIT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1961 Supro 600 TUBE REVERBERATION UNIT

I'm thinking of getting one of these and was wondering how they are used. Do u need a line out or external speaker jack to make it work. I saw a video of a guy playing it with a Supro amp that had (what looked like) an aftermarket external speaker jack mounted onto the back of the cabinet. Any body out there ever used one of these??

Joseph
    Last edited by cluster; 09-08-2014, 11:55 PM. Reason: error

I had a Valco made Airline reverb unit, but that was hooked up just like a Fender reverb. Guitar into Reverb unit - reverb into guitar amp. But from what you are asking, the unit that you're looking at connects to the speaker?

Comment

This what the unit looks like. I'd like to draw up a schematic but I can't even figure out how to take it apart

Anyone have any experience with these??

Click image for larger version

Name:	$_57-7.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	504.3 KB
ID:	835254

Name:	$_57-1.JPG
Size:	385.1 KB
ID:	835255

Name:	$_57-2.JPG
Size:	452.1 KB
ID:	835256

Name:	$_57-9.JPG
Size:	563.4 KB
ID:	835257

Name:	$_57-10.JPG
Size:	144.6 KB
ID:	835258

Comment

That appears to be a solid cabinet.

The two screws on the side most probably hold the tube circuitry panel to the side wall.

Comment

That appears to be like the old Maestro units. You connect it to your amps speaker which drives the reverb tank. The output of the reverb tank is amplified and sent out through the Supro's built in speaker. Kinda stereo reverb.

Does the bottom panel come off if you remove the four feet?

Comment

Originally posted by 52 Bill View Post
            Does the bottom panel come off if you remove the four feet?
            That's exactly what I was thinking... assuming there's another two screws on the opposite side.

With the gap on the bottom (near the feet) and the way they've 'finished' (or haven't as it appears) the 'tolex' (or whatever it is), it appears as though it's intended to be standing on the feet, remove the 4 screws, then lift the casing straight up and off of the chassis.

EDIT: Also, it's hard to tell from the pic, but those bottom feet...are they screwed in? Or nailed? If they're screwed in, try removing one, and see what kind of screw it is (machine screw would be telling), and if it goes into wood or metal. Thinking possibly of a metal "U" frame, mounted upside down, with thin-bent over 'rails' on the 'upper' part of the U that the screws would mount to the base with. It's just a WAG though. *chuckles*
            Last edited by Audiotexan; 09-10-2014, 05:27 PM.
            Start simple...then go deep!

"EL84's are the bitches of guitar amp design." Chuck H

"How could they know back in 1980-whatever that there'd come a time when it was easier to find the wreck of the Titanic than find another SAD1024?" -Mark Hammer

Comment

Originally posted by Audiotexan View Post
              That's exactly what I was thinking... assuming there's another two screws on the opposite side.

With the gap on the bottom (near the feet) and the way they've 'finished' (or haven't as it appears) the 'tolex' (or whatever it is), it appears as though it's intended to be standing on the feet, remove the 4 screws, then lift the casing straight up and off of the chassis.

EDIT: Also, it's hard to tell from the pic, but those bottom feet...are they screwed in? Or nailed? If they're screwed in, try removing one, and see what kind of screw it is (machine screw would be telling), and if it goes into wood or metal. Thinking possibly of a metal "U" frame, mounted upside down, with thin-bent over 'rails' on the 'upper' part of the U that the screws would mount to the base with. It's just a WAG though. *chuckles*

Feet are NOT screwed on. Maybe nailed in?? There are two screws on either side of the cab. The top one screws into a piece of wood one each end that acts like a ledge that supports the top chassis while the bottom one supports the enclosed reverb tank. Bit of mystery as to how they assembled this thing at the factory.

Comment

Originally posted by cluster View Post
                Feet are NOT screwed on. Maybe nailed in?? There are two screws on either side of the cab. The top one screws into a piece of wood one each end that acts like a ledge that supports the top chassis while the bottom one supports the enclosed reverb tank. Bit of mystery as to how they assembled this thing at the factory.

There are 2 screws on each of the side that need to come out.
                The unit is like a box over a box.. Meaning the entire top section fits over the speaker/amp section.
                You will also need to remove the wires from the reverd tank as well as the grommets that attaches them to the side..
                Kinda tricky to remove.. It took me and a helper to seperate the 2 sections. It is a tight fit.. See the seperation in the pic.
                Attached Files

Comment

Awesome post!

Thanks.

Comment

Welcome to MEF N00bDM!!
                    Excellent first post! Thanks for stepping up and helping out!
                    Start simple...then go deep!

"EL84's are the bitches of guitar amp design." Chuck H

"How could they know back in 1980-whatever that there'd come a time when it was easier to find the wreck of the Titanic than find another SAD1024?" -Mark Hammer

Comment

Originally posted by N00bDM View Post
                      There are 2 screws on each of the side that need to come out.
                      The unit is like a box over a box.. Meaning the entire top section fits over the speaker/amp section.
                      You will also need to remove the wires from the reverd tank as well as the grommets that attaches them to the side..
                      Kinda tricky to remove.. It took me and a helper to seperate the 2 sections. It is a tight fit.. See the seperation in the pic.
                      Thanks so much. Mystery solved.

Comment

Working...
                      X