Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Three humbucker guitars and middle pickup phase.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three humbucker guitars and middle pickup phase.

I have a 2 pickup SG and the guitar had been routed for a middle pickup at one point and I'm about to add a middle HB.
    I'm not really familiar with three HB guitars and I'd like to know if there are there magnetic or wiring direction phase issues that need to be taken into account before building the middle pickup.

I'm only building the middle pickup and want to make sure it gets along with the others if possible..
    The stock bridge and neck pickups are single conductor T Tops and must stay that way.

Any help is appreciated
    Thanks

Hi Stratz as long as your middle humbucker is wound the same way or other wise wired the same way as your t-top & keep the traditional south pole to screw coil it will be in phase with the other pickups
    you can take any set of humbuckers & flip one of them around like a neck pickup from screw coil pointing to the neck & switch it so the screw coil is towards the bridge it will be still in phase .
    hope that makes sense....
    "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
      Hi Stratz as long as your middle humbucker is wound the same way or other wise wired the same way as your t-top & keep the traditional south pole to screw coil it will be in phase with the other pickups
      you can take any set of humbuckers & flip one of them around like a neck pickup from screw coil pointing to the neck & switch it so the screw coil is towards the bridge it will be still in phase .
      hope that makes sense....
      Thats what I figured Copper but just wanted to make certain.

Just spoke to the owner and now he's thinking about either a P90 a mini HB or Firebird pickup in the center.
      Would a two magnet pickup (Firebird) N/S be any different than a normal full sized HB with a single bar magnet?
      I wouldnt think so but I just want to be sure before I wind one up.
      Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
      X