Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sansui Model 2000 Preamp Issue

Hey guys,

Not sure if this is the right place for this, or if there even is one on this forum. Apologies if it isn't.

I'm working on a Sansui Model 2000 Integrated Stereo Amplifier. I'm getting next to zero output through the speakers. Both channels are performing the same. The output section seems to be working fine. It's as if there's something in-between the preamp and power amp that's blocking the signal.

There's a service manual at Sansui 2000 Manual - Solid State AM/FM Stereophonic Tuner Amplifier - HiFi Engine

Unfortunately, part of the schematic is missing where I think the problem might be, at F-1016A.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

How did you determine that the output section works fine, are some of the inputs working?
    Can you get line level signal out of the tape rec jacks?
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Speaker selector is set right?

No tape monitor switch is on?

On the rear panel, are there jumper plugs from preamp out to power amp in... OR... is there some sort of small switch marked something like "direct" or
      "processor" or something?

Have you tried all the various input choices?
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

^^^^^^ What they said. I'll add: Don't forget to check the headphone output and associated jack switching. Many headphone jacks cut out the main outs when phones are used. Make sure the switching jack is working correctly or just plug in some phones and see if you get anything. I was once momentarily stumped by one of these when my customers kid put a "Lite-Brite" peg into the phones jack which cut off the main speakers.
        "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

I'm hearing a pop from the power amp when I turn it on. I am getting a signal out of the Tape Rec jack. When I jumper from R710 to R719, I'm getting a signal and all controls are working, but it's not where it should be output wise. All switches are set right. There's no separate preamp out/power amp in jacks or a switch. There's an MPX separator pot, I'm not sure of it's function. The headphone jack is working, though it's low output as well.

Comment

Originally posted by stereomonostereo View Post
            I'm hearing a pop from the power amp when I turn it on. I am getting a signal out of the Tape Rec jack. When I jumper from R710 to R719, I'm getting a signal and all controls are working, but it's not where it should be output wise. All switches are set right. There's no separate preamp out/power amp in jacks or a switch. There's an MPX separator pot, I'm not sure of it's function. The headphone jack is working, though it's low output as well.
            As far as I remember it should be a jumper inside to switch power from 100v to 120v. Make sure it set to 120v.

Comment

Working...
            X