• Show
Clear All

I call it... purple fuzz.

Click image for larger version

Name:	purplefuzz.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	836428
    In this forum everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Comment

I'm still haven't finished the circuitry. There seem to be a fair amount of fuzz face inspired circuits on the net. Some have a big base resistor, kind of like a grid resistor in an amp. Here's an example of a fuzz face:ish circuit with this kind of base resistor. What's the purpose of this in this type of circuit? I don't think it's in the original FF.

Comment

Originally posted by überfuzz View Post
        I'm still haven't finished the circuitry. There seem to be a fair amount of fuzz face inspired circuits on the net. Some have a big base resistor, kind of like a grid resistor in an amp. Here's an example of a fuzz face:ish circuit with this kind of base resistor. What's the purpose of this in this type of circuit? I don't think it's in the original FF.
        That circuit is an exact copy of the original with the added 1 meg at the input. That resistor is called a pull down resistor. It is used to remove any voltage build up in the input capacitor, so that there is no pop or click when the bypass switch is turned on.

Comment

I really like the Foxx's sound

sounds like Maggot Brain!

Comment

I put together a circuit... that's kind of lame sounding. I want more gain, or distortion to the tone. I used this schematic: Fuzz Face Roger Mayer. Anyone that has done similar work or that could offer suggestions on how to get more juice out of this Fuzz? I guess I should alter the biasing of the transistors...

Comment

Eh... seems someone did all the work for me: Analog Alchemy - EMH

Comment

Working...
              X