Need Some Recommendation as I am New

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Some Recommendation as I am New

Because of back problem, I am planning to buy one of the guitars supports below:

a. ErgoPlay Tappert Classical Guitar Support (http://tinyurl.com/luhjbwo)

b. A-Frame Guitar Support (Link: http://tinyurl.com/nqfr9sq)

c. Dynarette Guitar Cushion (http://tinyurl.com/os75rr4)

Has anybody purchased one of those guitar supports? Any recommendation?

First of all, I am not a medical personnel. I can only tell you from my own experience.

I have back problem since 1986. At one time, I cannot even stand for 5 minutes without the tingling feeling running all the way down to my toes. I went through all the treatments available at the time short of operation. I found weight training, exercise, stretching are the keys to getting back to normal. Now I am still doing rounds on heavy bags punching and kicking. I am more in shape than when I was 35.

What I am trying to say is the last thing you want to do is to start depending on guitar support, any back brace, back pillows etc. It only get worst and worst. There is no free lunch, you have to work on it. Unless you have slip disc, rupture disc. If it's not too serious, try work in out. I spent 2 years hopping from doctor office to doctor office. One day, I just said to myself, this is no way to live. I just not going to think about it, don't let it take over my life. The doctor in St Mary Spine center ( the one that operated on Joe Montanna) exhausted everything, and put me into a weight training program. It worked miracle. Since that time, I never looked back.

I had bulging disc according to MRI, I was so dependent on the special chair, special pillow, back support and all. Yes, you might feel better the first few days. Then the pain comes back, then you have to find more ways to support. Pretty soon your whole life will be turn up side down. I started out by eliminating all the supports, sensible exercise, increase when I get stronger. Doing weight training, aerobics( doing rounds on kicking bags) and stretching. Can't miss anyone, has to be all three. After a while, you should feel better. Took me over a year, but I got there and never look back.

You should talk to doctors that are into sports medicine, not the general orthopedics type doctors. There is a school of doctors that don't believe in active recovery, just sent you to PT. From my experience, you have to do the work, nobody can give you a massage and you get better. THERE IS NO FREE LUNCH.

This is the best back support I can offer you.
    Last edited by Alan0354; 11-16-2014, 06:34 AM.

Comment

i really don't know what kind of back problem you are having...and in my experience, when my back was hit by other things so that i can't hold heavy things..not too long time for guitar also...so i have the guitar support...
      sorry...

Comment

Working...
      X