No announcement yet.

Signal Collapse Under Load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sherwood? Get back in the Wayback Machine. Mr Wizard is calling.

The kid can't stay out of trouble...
    This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo_Gnardo View Post
      Sherwood? Get back in the Wayback Machine. Mr Wizard is calling.
      Leo, you mean Mr. Peabody?
      Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g-one View Post
        Sherman, is that you??
        If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
        If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
        We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
        MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

Hah!
          Forgot about those dudes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	mr-peabody-and-sherman-ty-burrell-max-charles.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	836267

Comment

Originally posted by g-one View Post
            Right you are g-one. Haaaalp Mister Peeeeeebody!

I have a memory like a steel sieve, Chief.
            This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo_Gnardo View Post
              I have a memory like a steel sieve, Chief.
              You weren't that far off, you were probably watching Mr. Wizard around the same time.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	mr wizard.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	836269
              I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Hilarious, a post that got hijacked by a spammer 12-26-2014 gets hijacked again by a spammer.
                Oh, wait, it's another "custom essay" spammer! What are the chances?

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
                  Hilarious, a post that got hijacked by a spammer 12-26-2014 gets hijacked again by a spammer.
                  Oh, wait, it's another "custom essay" spammer! What are the chances?
                  Spammy post was deleted:

I agree that this post was made by a real human spammer and not a spambot... spambots do not forget to add their link to the signature in their profile. Oopsie!

Steve A.

P.S. Hmmm... to design a spambot that can go into their control panel and add a spam link to their signature is very impressive. Perhaps it works like an autodialer on your phone: the spambot manages to get the spammer registered on a forum and then the person manually accesses and changes their signature to add in their spammy link...?

Alternate theory: the spambot is programmed to work with the vBulletin BBS software used here so it "knows" how to access and edit the user control panel here.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Steve A.; 11-17-2017, 08:34 PM.
                  The Blue Guitar
                  www.blueguitar.org
                  Some recordings:
                  https://soundcloud.com/sssteeve/sets...e-blue-guitar/

Comment

There is a spam link in post #11 also. Maybe the link should be disabled?

Comment

Ouch!!!
                      Is this "Spam Week" or something?

Some doubtlessly must have felt uncertain about my apparent "harshness" answering a presumed spambot (or the human version of) for what I feel sorry and offer my excuses.

I only can suggest checking my 2014 post #13 above, this very same page, and see that both share the same traits and raise the same red flags, this is nothing pulled out of the blue or caused by "a bad day" but something we have seen countless times.
                      By the way, basically same as the one by the distinguished Lady praising her husband´s guitar playing skills and so many others.

In any case, I felt curious and on further checking, found the post was actually salesman chat and not an innocent Musician trying to share some wondrous discovery.
                      Oh well.
                      Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Working...
                      X