No announcement yet.

SVT-CL - Ticking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please begin a new thread and be a bit more specific with the problem you're having. BTW, Pin 1 of the 6550 power tubes are NOT connected to any hex spacers, on the power tube PCB. This 'thread' was involved with a 'ticking' sound from an SVT.
    Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

Originally posted by nevetslab View Post
      I only had four photos of the SVT-CL power tube PCB, and those being close-ups of the tube sockets to show the solder fractures in my records. I didn't see Pin 1 being connected to the hex spacer as I see on the SVT-VR PCB assy. I don't recall seeing any attempt on the SVT-CL chassis nor power tube cover plate for insuring ground continuity.
      My post was for info purposes about the 6550 pin 1 being connected or not to chassis via hex spacers in CL vs VR models. I'm not talking about any problem, just confirming ( if any doubt ) that pin 1 is not connected in CLassic model

Comment

Hi Joss, I am old and probably confused. I am unclear on your meaning. By connected via hex spacer, are you telling us pin 1 is not grounded, and a hex spacer is what connects ground on the board to the chassis? Do you expect pin 1 to be grounded?

Where do the pin 1 traces on the board go?
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Hi Enzo. The hex spacers are the mounting hardware between pcb and octal sockets. They are connected to pin 1 of power tubes in VR model and chassis if all the stuff is properly mounted. In the CL model the pin 1 of power tubes is not connected to anywhere ( no trace there ). My post was just to make 100℅ clear what i'm saying about pin 1 on CL model, but my english seems to sucks more than i thought. Sorry guys ..

Comment

Working...
          X