Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN7331.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	869124

double bass magnetic pickups
    balanced cable
    connector xrl

I would love to hear this pickup next to the acoustic sound of the same bass. Both arco and pizz...

Comment

Originally posted by David King View Post
      I would love to hear this pickup next to the acoustic sound of the same bass. Both arco and pizz...
      for now is a prototype, I am improving the building.
      as soon as possible I will make videos

Comment

I was chatting to an upright player about this style of pickup and his critique was that when play the upper register the amplified sound gets louder due to the strings getting closer to the pickup. Have others noticed this issue?

Comment

the pickups has been improved by dividing it into 2 units can be easily positioned in order to adjust the output level for each string
          Four coils 1 for each string
          humbucker configuration
          balanced XLR output

Name:	12369852_10208083077377674_1372774167_o.jpg
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	840628

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGYkGg6GyA0

Comment

Originally posted by StarryNight View Post
            I was chatting to an upright player about this style of pickup and his critique was that when play the upper register the amplified sound gets louder due to the strings getting closer to the pickup. Have others noticed this issue?
            the problem was solved by dividing the pickup in 2 distinct and separate units.
            This allow you to balance the sound level of each string by acting on the respective distance.
            musicians who are using it are truly excited about the results that you get and the quality of the pickups

Comment

Originally posted by StarryNight View Post
              Starry,
              This is an issue without a doubt. Luckily most bass players rarely play in thumb position. They can compensate with dynamics or just set their action much lower since they are effectively playing an electric bass. When Bartolini attacked the problem he used tall magnets with a longer "throw" and set the pickups a lot further away to minimize the effect.

Comment

this is my pickups for double bass

Name:	dbpk.jpg
Size:	6.2 KB
ID:	844883

Comment

Working...
                X