I hate keyboards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate keyboards

I don't know why I keep inflicting this punishment upon myself, thought I would be a nice guy " sure I'll take a look at your five foot long keyboard that weighs a ton"

Whoever designed these things needs to be waterboarded.

Such a pain to get to the frickin boards just to fix a broken jack or whatnot.

Okay, rant over.
    Some are easy fixes for easy money, but damn these two are a bitch.
    One has a stupid LED to make the 12AU7 look cool, and to replace the stupid LED is stupidly long, so is replacing the tube, you have to take the whole chassis apart to get to it.
    HELLO! How about an access plate like you have for replacing the battery or memory cards.

My back hurts.

Hah.
    I just got in a Yamaha Motif keyboard.
    I had to recharge my electric screwdriver after removing about 300 lower panel screws!

Comment

Not to mention that, having left them gutted while parts are on order and more are also opened up, you need as much space in the shop as one needs packing parachutes! Doing keyboard service is definitely a different mind set than back-line gear. WHY did I say yes, hours into it?!!
      Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

Originally posted by drewl View Post
        One has a stupid LED to make the 12AU7 look cool, and to replace the stupid LED is stupidly long, so is replacing the tube, you have to take the whole chassis apart to get to it.
        Is this a keyboard with a tube?

Just finished a Juno, something corrosive spilled on the keys and seeped down onto the pc board. To fix 3 dead keys had to remove the entire key assembly and then 10 keys tops.

Comment

as much as its not a guitar, I too share your disdain !

Comment

This one is a Korg Triton Extreme!

Low output, no output from right output.
            All jacks tested good after removing a ton of screws to get to the main board.

Waiting to hear back from customer to see if was using headphone out jack with a mono cable which can kill the output amps.
            All surface mount of course which isn't a problem.
            Figuring a way to suspend the top section while trying to troubleshoot and scope the output amp path is.

Comment

Oh, ot also has an LED behind the 12AU7 preamp tube to make it look cool which was intermittent.
              A common problem for the SMD LED.

I replaced it with a through hole one so it shines brighter up higher behind the tube.

I imagine keyboard repair guys must bitch alot more than we do.
              You thought we had it bad, ha!

Comment

Working...
              X