B/H curves, etc.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B/H curves, etc.....

Asking those who may know - aside from differing AlNiCo grade compositions, is the B/H curve the main factor in the effect of whether a bar magnet from a particular pour or manufacture might sound clearer or less harsh than the same grade from another manufacturer? I have been told that the B/H curve is affected by the heat treatment that the magnets go through, and each manufacturer may have a proprietary procedure. Could this explain more why an A2 from one source could sound noticeably different from an A2 from some other source?

Any input solicited......

cheers,
    Jack Briggs

sigpic
    www.briggsguitars.com

forum.briggsguitars.com

So who's A2s do you like the best?
    For Import magnets, my choice is Magnetic Hold.
    I won't say who's I like the least.
    The MH A2s I bought have a great warm tone.
    T
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

The resting point on the B-H curve determines how strong the magnet is and its permeability. Add to that set of two the conductivity, and you have a set of three that pretty much determine what the magnet does. So, yeah.

Originally posted by jack briggs View Post
      Asking those who may know - aside from differing AlNiCo grade compositions, is the B/H curve the main factor in the effect of whether a bar magnet from a particular pour or manufacture might sound clearer or less harsh than the same grade from another manufacturer? I have been told that the B/H curve is affected by the heat treatment that the magnets go through, and each manufacturer may have a proprietary procedure. Could this explain more why an A2 from one source could sound noticeably different from an A2 from some other source?

Any input solicited......

cheers,

Comment

Working...
      X