Peavey Special 130 not powering on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Special 130 not powering on

hey guys, ive got a peavey special 130 that just kind of fell in my lap thats not powering on. No sort of indication of anything going on. the fuses LOOK fine and nothing else is visually jumping out at me, you guys have any suggestions as to where i might start other than the fuses for finding the problem on this thing. on a side note, it has been setting for quite awhile in a shed prior to me having it.

Start at the power cable, make sure power switch is working, verify primary of the power transformer is getting the wall voltage, then check secondaries...

Comment

i haven't put a meter on anything as of yet because all my tools are in shop and i am in house tonight but from what i can see there is power coming from the wall and when i turn on switch you can feel the chassis vibrate at a low frequency, not audible though. whether or not im getting correct voltage and what not is to be discovered, in which i will do tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by jpfx88 View Post
        i haven't put a meter on anything as of yet because all my tools are in shop and i am in house tonight but from what i can see there is power coming from the wall and when i turn on switch you can feel the chassis vibrate at a low frequency, not audible though. whether or not im getting correct voltage and what not is to be discovered, in which i will do tomorrow.
        According to the schematic, there are 4 things in the primary wiring that could cause the amp to not power on, but if you feel the transformer kick when turned on, the problem may be the internal fuses for the low voltage power supplies.

In the ac wiring, check the ac switch, the thermal cutoff switch, the fuse, and the inrush limiter. If the amp is actually powering up but the front panel leds are not lighting up then the two fuses for the 16 volt supplies should be checked.

Comment

So i checked all the fuses with my multimeter and they all checked out, but still no juice. I scratched my head for sec then removed them all and scraped the sockets out and cleaned the fuses, put it all back and boom, it powered on. Now I just got to clean all the pots and get the reverb working

Comment

Working...
          X