Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do I get inside an Ashdown After Eight bass amp

Hi

I've recently purchased second hand a fairly new Ashdown After Eight 15w. It's has a great sound but sometimes there is a slight buzz or very fine rattle inside. Trouble is I can't fathom out how to open it up. It's completely different to my other Ashdown amps.

I've removed the 4 small bolts on the back and the 2 screws on each side which seem to hold in place the back section. This protects where the amplifier is housed but does not shift to enable access inside. Maybe it's stuck but I'm reluctant to use too much force for fear of damaging something. I've only used gentle force so far and failed to find any info on the 'net regarding this.

Has anybody found a way inside the Ashdown After Eight?

Cheers

Have you taken off the handle just to rule that out?
    When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Originally posted by DrGonz78 View Post
      Have you taken off the handle just to rule that out?
      I hadn't but we can now rule that out, good suggestion though. Thanks

Comment

Check for screws hidden under corner protectors.
        If no other screws are in, try gently moving the chassis, it may just be in snug.

Comment

I`ve never seen one before but you found 2 screws and I would expect 4.

Does the amp have feet on the bottom? I`ve seen screw go through foot into chassis before. Lay amp on side and check one.

Remember if you remove chassis, mark and disconnect wires to speaker. Good time to deoxit pots.

Comment

thanks all - a couple more things to investigate

Fragger: what I said was "4 small bolts on the back and the 2 screws on each side" by the way the amps been built they should be what's holding the back plate on but we'll see...

cheers

Comment

Working...
            X