Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mojotone pricing for fiber pickup bobbins :-(

Hello Folks!
    I order most of F-Style pickup flats from mojo tone,for years trough my dealer account.
    Today I lurked at their site and noticed that mojo raised the prices. Also the regular customer pricing and dealer account prices are the same.
    Seems a bit like they want to shy away the small biz pickup makers.
    So maybe it is time to get them made by. myself. ;-) 3.25 usd for a strat bobbin set is crazy!!!

I sent an email to mojotone, that all flatwork seems to no longer be available at a discount to dealers?
    Probably just a computer glitch!
    Hopefully they will fix it!
    T
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

Michael Gurian will cut them for you though I'm sure someone closer to you has a laser. Maybe it's time to look at a 50W Chinese CO2 laser? It's pretty hard to justify a $10k Epilogue unless you have a lot of flatwork to cut. I still cut mine on tablesaw/bandsaw, round off corners on an under-table router and drill with a jig on the drill press. A laser would be a LOT faster but I couldn't do all the custom spacings as easily. And I only need to make 1-2 pickups a month.

Comment

Per David Shepherd, that is the Mojo price, and they no longer give a price break on flatwork to dealers.
        You can buy Strat Flatwork from ADFX for $1.50 each.
        Alnico magnets Guitar pickups, Guitar magnets, Guitar baseplates
        If you know of some cheaper pickup cut flatwork links, please post them here.
        T
        "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
        Terry

Comment

I have access to CNC lasers at work, so I recently started cutting my own Tele and Strat flatwork, along with Tele bridge baseplates. Depending on workload, I might be able to cut some flatwork to help some of you out. Does anyone have a source for black .060 and .090 forbon in sheets larger than 6x6?

Comment

I see this place online.
            Vulcanized Fibre: Vulcanex - A Superior Vulcanized Fibre
            They are in NJ, and you may want to call them.
            Terry

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
              Per David Shepherd, that is the Mojo price, and they no longer give a price break on flatwork to dealers.
              T
              I've used Strat bobbins from Dennis at ADFX. Very happy with the product I received. Mojo at $3.25 is just crazy IMO.

When the new Shapeoko 3 arrives at the door in a couple months and I get all set up, I'll definitely take a shot a cutting my own bobbins.
              Take Care,

Jim. . .
              VA3DEF

Comment

I've always used mojo flatwork, but at current prices some alternatives are needed.
                If you make your own, you still need an economical source of bulk forbon, and apparently that is getting more expensive too?
                So if anyone knows of bulk Forbon sources please list them.
                Maybe we can get some alternatives.
                T
                Terry

Comment

The last Forbon quote I got was $83 for a .093" 4' x 8' sheet of black red or grey. Don't let them roll it up to ship it to you or you'll never get it flat again. They should be able to score it and ship in a 2' x 2' stack. I stopped using Forbon and went to 1/16" black phenolic which is much stiffer but still easier on the tools than any glass-filled product.

I see this outfit in the UK: http://www.dragonguitarparts.co.uk/b...-flatwork.aspx
                  Dennis at AddictionFX sells 40 sets for $60 on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Strat-Single...A/221303980874

Here's the link to Michael Gurian's webpage for custom flatwork. http://www.gurianinstruments.com/sho...bobbin-plates/ I'm pretty sure he's pricy until you order a lot of parts.
                  Last edited by David King; 03-11-2015, 04:37 PM.

Comment

At $83 a sheet that seems like a no-brainer to me, wouldn't take long to get your money back out of that. I better do some checking.

Comment

I got a quote a couple of years ago that wasn't bad I have to look for the email
                      it was from these guys
                      Fishpaper & Vulcanized Fibre - ESPE Manufacturing Co., Inc.
                      "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Per David Shepherd, that is the Mojo price, and they no longer give a price break on flatwork to dealers
                        Hopefully that means that Dealers now get free shipping on all flatwork, else why order flatwork via your dealer account when regular consumer orders get free shipping once they exceed the $100 mark.

Gurian is starting to look pretty good for flatwork until I can justify my own Chinese laser

Comment

T
                          Mojotone is going down the tubes, that the hell has happend to them...

Comment

Originally posted by Claus H View Post
                            Mojotone is going down the tubes, that the hell has happend to them...
                            Really? I hope you are kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by zparts View Post
                              Really? I hope you are kidding.
                              Yes I am, but really, I am not happy, I have been using a lot of your products, but with your price hikes and service is getting worse everytime we place an order, mojo have never filled a customs form although we have begged and pleaded for it, and we pay through the roof for customs to rip up your non descript boxes you send the stuff in, really fed up with this!

I don't have the same problem with stuff from Stewmac.. They ship in boxes with a logo, or just tape the says Stewmac and never had an issue, we have pointet this out to mojo on numerous occasions

Sorry to air this in public but this was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

Comment

Working...
                              X