Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power jFET

Hallo guys!!!

I have made a few desings of distortion circuits using jFETs, and now I think I like them, cause they can make a good input stage with big input resistance and 0 Volt dc at gate, they can be beautifull current sources/sinks without needing noicy voltage referances (zenner diodes), and the most important: they have the best sound of all semiconductor devices, as they have similar curves with the triode tube.

Many times I wanted use some in power amps, but found only low signal ones (TO92), wich would explode even with 10V@20mA, or at least have horrible thermal drifts.
    Des enybody know any jFETs of greater power, pehaps like the TO220? Thank you in advance!!!

Article here.

Lovoltech's website looks like a placeholder.

I did find one datasheet.

Comment

Crystalonics make some fairly hefty devices that are meant as broadband RF amplifiers:

http://www.crystalonics.com/jfets.htm

But generally for power work, I like to use tubes to simulate the characteristic of JFETs, they are close enough ;-)

PS: They also make high voltage JFETs which might be of interest to R.G. and other Mosfet Follies type people...
      "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Loveltech is now QSpeed:

http://www.qspeed.com/Products/JFET-Part-Listing.cfm

Randall Aiken

Comment

Thank you very much, my friends.

I like these devices and I think I'll make some good amps of theese, but still some question:

Where can I by these things? These pages have a few info about jFETs but don't seem to sale them.

I asked LU1014 at all electronic component shops I know but was told that they don't know that code.

Why not p channel ones? Why not with a hole waiting for a heatsink, to optimize operating conditions?

Anyway, I desire LU1010 and I want to bias some. Can anyone help me order some tens of these?

Triodes for ever, but I'm supposed to build amps for all walets, and after all, you can make a pentode current sink far better if you cascode it with a sillicon device....

Comment

Originally posted by Angelo Skouras View Post
            Where can I buy these things?
            It looks like your options are USA and Asia - Qspeed sales offices - thank goodness for www sales.

Comment

Working...
            X