digitecheck repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• digitecheck repair

hi im electrician and just about to repair my digitech gnx 3000 I have taken all the front screws off the top plate and taken the expansion pedal off. it seems to be still locked down pretty hard. how to remove, please help

Someone else here may be familiar with that unit, I'm not, but in general I expect all that sort of product to come apart similarly. Usually do not have to remove the pedal assembly. It may have to in your case, but not most times. I expect to remove the bottom cover, exposing the board. The rear panel wher the jacks and power connection are may have some nuts on the jacks and/or small screws anchoring some connectors. Those would have to come off. Keep track of your hardware. Screws may be different sizes and also machine screws and sheet metal screws. There will typically be some way to anchor the board to the underside of the top panel, usually screws. If ther is a volume control or other rotary type controls on the top panel, they may have nuts on their shafts. Pull off the knobs and see.

Seems to me most of the pedals move a small plastic strip in and out of an optical sensor through a slot on the board. usuall pulling the board just means lifting it uop leaving the pedal and its strip behind.

There are some units where the rear things need to get loose, then the board slides forwards the extract it, sometimes there are elongated panel slots to allow the control shafts to move that way.

And yes, there ar a few which are just a total pain in the ass to disassemble, hopefully not yours.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
    X