Marshall JCM2000 TSL100 Footswitch problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall JCM2000 TSL100 Footswitch problems

Anyone have experience troubleshooting a non working 5 switch footswitch for the TSL100? I haven't been able to find a schematic for the footswitch so I'm having trouble tracing the problem. The led for the clean channel works when that is pressed but when I press the lead or crunch switches the clean led goes out but the others don't light. The footswitch uses a Nand Gate which seems to be working then the output for all three preamp functions appears to go through a white wire to the din plug on the amp. From there I can't follow the schematic because they seem to be changing the connector #'s with no reference. I'm quite familiar with american brand schematics but I haven't figured out the Brit ones yet. Anyway any advice on how to troubleshoot this would be helpful
    Thanks
    Paul
    Attached Files

All that I have is:

Click image for larger version

Name:	tsl100switchinginfo.gif
Views:	1
Size:	5.2 KB
ID:	837647

If you are a member: MarshallForum.com

All the footswitch does is ground out each function.

Can you point out where the Nand gate is ? (page#/ coordinates)

Comment

The nand gate is actually on the footswitch circuit board along with 3 transistors, a darlington pair and some caps and resistors. The 3 preamp control switches are momentary contact switches feeding into the Nand gate. The reverb and FX switches are 2P2T.
      So far I can't find anything about the footswitch online. I just became a member of the Marshall forum so thanks for that info. I'll dig in deeper tonight when I get back home.

Comment

Originally posted by cablercdd1 View Post
        I just became a member of the Marshall forum so thanks for that info. I'll dig in deeper tonight when I get back home.
        See if these are any good: MarshallForum.com - View Single Post - TSL100 Footswitch schematics (new member)
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

That's great, They had the schematic for the footswitch. That should help me trace the problem. Thanks

Comment

Uhmmm...
            Can you post it?

Edit: Joined and have it.

Name:	tsl%20footswitch_Page_2.jpg
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	837653

Name:	tsl%20footswitch_Page_3.jpg
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	837654
            Last edited by Jazz P Bass; 05-19-2015, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Well I discovered that 2 buttons on the amp head have to be pushed in for the footswitch to work. One of the original problems was I had a bad LED as well as not having the buttons pushed in. I'm not sure if I inadvertently fixed the switching problem or the owner of the amp didn't know to push the 2 switches. I should have downloaded and read the owners manual before I started. Lesson learned. Thanks for everyone's help

Comment

Who reads the manuals????

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
                  Who reads the manuals????
                  Actually I got caught like this a few times in the past....Now I download the user manual and take a quick look...I had a Marshall mini stack that had a footswitch problem.....the foot switch was supposed to be programmed from the factory to a set of defaults....this one was not and I never knew until I read the manual....I thought there was a problem with the switch assy....so now, whenever I get something that I am not totally familiar with I search for the owners manual first before I even open it up....

Comment

Working...
                  X