Software for Load Lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Software for Load Lines

Hello. I'm new to this forum. I'm sure this question has been asked, but I couldn't find an answer on this forum, or anywhere I looked.

If you look at a page like Aiken Amplification, they always have these nice pictures of plate characteristics and they draw load lines over them and they say something along the lines of: "At this point, the tube is drawing 1.15 ma."

Are they using something like MatLab to do this? If so, are they able to draw a load line and have the software calculate the volts and amps? I understand that you can figure out the values by tracing straight lines down and across, but they always seem to quote more precise numbers.

Thanks in advance,
    BrianB

I've been looking for this too. No luck so far. I have an open thread on this subject, with specific questions about TubeCad and Spice, but I haven't gotten any good info yet.
    "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

Thanks.
      Can you point me to the thread?

Comment

Sorry,
        I found it.
        Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X