Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Source for double screw coil pickup covers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source for double screw coil pickup covers?

Anyone know where to source nickel and/or gold double screw coil pickup covers (i.e. two rows of 'holes' in the cover)? I've checked all the usual suspects, no luck.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cover_12_Hole_Chrome_zpswfrz6a9b.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	869599

Here is one: Humbucker Pickup cover Double Row 6x6 NON-plated RAW nickel silver 49mm - Philadelphia Luthier Tools & Supplies, LLC

Though you did not supply any dimensions.

Whew: good luck lining up all of the holes.

Comment

Schaller Make some

PICKUP COVER SCHALLER 150N HUMBUCKER 12 POLE GOLD NECK SCHALLER

Cheers

Andrew

Comment

Are these available anywhere in the US, or does anyone know another US supplier?

Comment

Allparts USA say that they can order any schaller parts that they don't have in stock. Might be worthwhile emailing them. Whats the problem with getting them from Europe ?

Cheers

Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by the great waldo View Post
            Allparts USA say that they can order any schaller parts that they don't have in stock. Might be worthwhile emailing them. Whats the problem with getting them from Europe ?

Cheers

Andrew
            I hear you Andrew, but Allparts USA may not be the best source to get parts they don't carry as part of their regular inventory. I ordered 2 HipShot 6 Screw Stainless Tremolo Bridge 2-1/16" Mexican Standard Stratocaster® (narrow) January 19 and was told they would take 6 - 8 weeks to get them to me. Every couple of months they send me a note letting me know they still love me but that the order is still pending. I ended up buying the bridges elsewhere, but will put the Allparts units in my inventory if and when they arrive. It may be an isolated incident, or HipShot has a bad delivery reputation, or it could be than Allparts runs on an economic order quantity type model and won't place their order until they have a certain volume. But, it can't be because Allparts lacks the size to get things from their suppliers when they want them. In any event, the other supplier had it to me within 2 weeks.
            Take Care,

Jim. . .
            VA3DEF

Comment

These shown in post 2 are in Philly PA,
              Not priced too bad.
              Pickup Making Parts - Pickup Covers - Humbucker - Philadelphia Luthier Tools & Supplies, LLC
              They also have the H covers for Filtertrons.
              On page 3 & 4.
              T
              "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
              Terry

Comment

Yeah my experience with any non-stocked Allparts order is the same as above. I need them fairly quick; I don't want my grandchildren to get them long after I'm dead.

Shipping/import duties from Europe would be quite a bit more than the cost of the covers.

And raw nickel isn't what I'm looking for. I'd have to find someone to plate it, which I can, but again, it gets real expensive at that point.

Really surprised no US supplier has these. Seems less odd to me than a 3x3, which are easy to find.

Comment

What's wrong with this one?
                  http://www.philadelphialuthiertools....l-silver-49mm/
                  Last edited by big_teee; 06-18-2015, 05:00 PM.
                  "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
                  Terry

Comment

I wish Philadelphia luthier wasn't so expensive on everything.
                    They have some good stuff but it is all twice as much as it should be.
                    And I think someone already checked about dealer pricing, which they declined.

Comment

Originally posted by buddha0709 View Post
                      I wish Philadelphia luthier wasn't so expensive on everything.
                      They have some good stuff but it is all twice as much as it should be.
                      And I think someone already checked about dealer pricing, which they declined.
                      Get an Abor Press and build something alike that tool:
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Electricdaveyboy; 07-24-2015, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Electricdaveyboy View Post
                        Go on and buil something alike that tool:
                        I use it to stamp my 6/6 hole, 3/3 hole and P-90 covers from regular closed covers.
                        Helps me to Keep my stock down and you can get them for 6 Euros per cover.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Electricdaveyboy View Post
                          I use it to stamp my 6/6 hole, 3/3 hole and P-90 covers from regular closed covers.
                          Helps me to Keep my stock down and you can get them for 6 Euros per cover.
                          Thanks for sharing! Do you happen to have a picture of the inner die without a pickup cover on it?

Comment

Working...
                          X