Ok I know it's solid state but....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok I know it's solid state but....

Would a crate power block be a possibility for a harp amp?

Anybody got opinions on them as amps in general? It seems they have been discontinued, are they crappy amps?

Marc

I had one with a matching Crate 100 watt single 12 cab and I loved it. In fact, I sold it on eBay to fund another project and I regret it! :-) The Power Block is a decent solution for a guitarist that needs a light, powerful and simple amp but for harp, I'm not sure. I'd have to say probably not the best choice because it lacks the "vibe" factor you need in a good harp amp. They sell on eBay every day for around $100, so you wouldn't be out much to try one, but since you asked me to help you spend your money :-P , kick in a little extra for a tube amp.
    www.PhilosoPhrets.com

Comment

well, it is class "D"

So I guess it's too far up the alphabet to have the vibe he's looking for.
      I figured if he didn't like it I might keep it. Like I need another amp.....

Anybody else had a good, bad or indifferent experience?

thanks,
      Marc

Comment

just sold mine on CraigsList for $80. I have too much stuff already and could use the money.

It worked fine and was pretty loud, but I think it works better with signal-processors instead of just straight-in with the instrument; in fact the matching 1x12 cab (which I still have) has the 100-watt Celestion designed for such usage...very-much a non-colored sound (for a Celestion anyway).

Comment

Dang!

Originally posted by TD_Madden View Post
          just sold mine on CraigsList for $80. I have too much stuff already and could use the money.

It worked fine and was pretty loud, but I think it works better with signal-processors instead of just straight-in with the instrument; in fact the matching 1x12 cab (which I still have) has the 100-watt Celestion designed for such usage...very-much a non-colored sound (for a Celestion anyway).
          I missed it!

Comment

Working...
          X