Crate GT1200H Effects Insert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crate GT1200H Effects Insert

I've always plugged my guitar into my pedal board, then the pedal board into the amp. Should I continue this practice or use the effects Insert to plug the pedal board into and plug the guitar in the front jack ?

I would say, "If it ain't broke don't fix it.". That said, there's no rule. Some things to note: "Typically" (but not always), the insert jack is set up for line level input and output. "Typically", guitar pedals are instrument level and that's why (most of the time) they work better in front of the amp. There's no reason you can't try it both ways and see which way works the best. Maybe your situation isn't "typical".
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Also will depend on what type effects you are using, and whether any distortion used is generated by the effects or the amp.
      I know some guys who use delay only with amp distortion hate the delay up front, as it is effecting the clean guitar signal. They say it only sounds good in the loop. I guess some may prefer it the other way.
      Only way to find out for sure is try it both ways like The Dude suggested. Check the manual with regards to level settings, some units have -10/+4 level switches.
      Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
      X