Fender neck on Squier body issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John_H View Post
    You worry too much! Glue some toothpicks in there, trim it flush, and drill new holes. Once they're filled, they aren't holes anymore. I wouldn't even wait for the glue to dry if it was me. It's taken me longer to type this than it would to fix it.
    Originally posted by Sea Chief View Post
    You see this is where we differ- you guys would do it quick and well enough/ do another soon after. Us brits do it perfectly/ and have a cup of tea.

No Im getting these holes filled top notch or not at all. toothpicks maybe fine in some cases, but not where the edge of them is the new holes' side's surity adjecent to it.
    Originally posted by John_H View Post
    I don't know why I bothered to try and help you. I'm not even going to explain to you why the multiple toothpicks is stronger than an oak dowel, or that a strat neck is a strat neck. Just like all of your other topics you've spun something quite simple into a bloated thread about nothing. I don't know what it is with you, but I tried to be helpful. You return the gesture by insulting me.
    Gosh right. erm.. where exactly have I 'insulted' you/ I must have missed that

(Tbh I don't know why you bother either- you're usually rude sooner or later/ I therefore take your posts with a pinch of salt anyway).
    Just dont do what I did- I used a legth of doewl which turned out to be very soft.. not a softwood (you could get a softewwod dowel legth 8 ft long) but a soft hardwood. If that makes sense!

Use cocktail sticks- main reason: bloody hard wood, even if job is slightly compromised by the gaps 3 or so will have in a ~4mm hole, you'll still be able to use it structurally. Mine needs redoing tbh on two holes/ I might well drill out a good 10mm bastard hole and get a very hard fat f**k off dowel in there, then drill into the side of this c**t twds its edge.
    How was that cup of tea?

Comment

No idea what you're on about, but that post must have taken some time!

Btw its pronounced 'cuppa tea' folks over the pond. IE "Wannacuppatea?.."

(Never "Cup of Tea" ..unless you're ultra posh, & always pronouce each word as perfectly articulated and as diligently).

..usually followed by "YEAH? EARL GREY OR BRI'ISH RAIL?"

Comment

No idea what you're on about
        He is saying "I told you so"

I wouldn't drill it out to 10mm because then you will be screwing into end grain which is never good. If your screw holes haven't stripped it should be OK. If they have and the dowels are really soft carefully drill them out without enlarging the holes more than the dowel diameter then fill with cocktail sticks and Resin W. Sand it flat when it's dry and when you re-drill use a centre punch and start with a small drill bit so it doesn't wander off.

And Earl Grey tastes like lemon washing up liquid

Comment

Originally posted by Dave H View Post
          He is saying "I told you so"

I wouldn't drill it out to 10mm because then you will be screwing into end grain which is never good. If your screw holes haven't stripped it should be OK. If they have and the dowels are really soft carefully drill them out without enlarging the holes more than the dowel diameter then fill with cocktail sticks and Resin W. Sand it flat when it's dry and when you re-drill use a centre punch and start with a small drill bit so it doesn't wander off.

And Earl Grey tastes like lemon washing up liquid
          Fairy.

Comment

It's pronounced, "Cup of Coffee"!
            Hot Tea is mainly a brit thing.
            In the states we drink Coffee!
            Coffee in the mornings, mid day switch to Lipton Iced Tea!
            "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
            Terry

Comment

Yup. Or cold or iced coffee in the afternoon. Except where we have winter , then it's hot coffee all day. They declined when I asked if they could just put me on coffee intravenous already.
              Originally posted by Enzo
              I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
                When I was in the USA you all pronounced is more like "corffee", much like southerners in the UK pronounce "last" a "larst". Isn't Lipton's iced tea sugary sweet? Better than Coke I suppose but what isn't?

SC lay off the Walls bangers. Do yourself a favour. Try a a real northern Cumberland sausage.

Comment

Dave you're making me larf.
                  Originally posted by Enzo
                  I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Fairy.
                    Yes, Fairy Liquid

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
                      Yup. Or cold or iced coffee in the afternoon. Except where we have winter , then it's hot coffee all day. They declined when I asked if they could just put me on coffee intravenous already.
                      I've been in Ontario all week on business, and when I ask for unsweetened iced tea the restaurant servers look at me like I'm from another world! Oh, wait, probably am...
                      If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
                      If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
                      We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
                      MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

When I was in the USA you all pronounced is more like "corffee", much like southerners in the UK pronounce "last" a "larst". Isn't Lipton's iced tea sugary sweet? Better than Coke I suppose but what isn't?
                        I drink unsweetened ice tea. No sugar, the coffee is black, no sugar or cream.
                        I only drink hot coffee, regardless of how hot or cold it is outside, just short of boiling is my Pref.
                        Lipton cold brew is what we drink here, We make a gallon or so daily for the wife and I.
                        Cold Brew Family Size Tea Bags
                        Classic Roast ? Folgers Coffee
                        "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
                        Terry

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
                          Hot Tea is mainly a brit thing.
                          In the states we drink Coffee!
                          Coffee in the mornings, mid day switch to Lipton Iced Tea!
                          Lipton schmipton! English tea my my fairy hairy oorse! Ive tried it- pishhhh - now that Dave tastes of fairy washing up liquid as you well know.

Comment

SC lay off the Walls bangers. Do yourself a favour. Try a a real northern Cumberland sausage.
                            I like it when New Yoikers say 'Quaaffee'.. lovely lilt.

Lilt- now there's a proper brawny man drink Dave not this pansy Lipton pish.

Havent we all got to lay of the bangers now? keep seeing them all reduced in my local sainsbury's.. I actually feel sorry for the sausages, its not their fault.

Comment

Working...
                            X