Samson Mixer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samson Mixer

I have a XM 610 Samson powered mixer here , the owner said it was blowing fuses . I couldnt find any blown--might have been replaced. Powered up with a limiter and it seems fine.

Power up with no limiter and it wont blow a fuse -BUT , R299 started smoking after several minutes and looks cooked. right next to it is Q218 . That is also getting pretty hot.

One problem is R299 on Amp2 pcb , is not on the scem , comparing it to Amp1 pcb, which looks somewhat identical , it looks to be a 3.3k / 3w .

Some of this , like Q218 , will be hard to test due to the mounting of everything .

I replaced R299 and have -68v one end and -68v the other

on the Amp1 pcb , R163 i have 63v on one end and 68v on the other end

at Q118 I have 69v / 69v/ 68v

One thing, the amp was on for about 5 minutes and R299 and Q218 did not get hot

could it have been R299 or maybe something drawing to much current through it ?

Samson XM610 PS.pdfSamson XM610 mixer.pdfSamson XM610 PA.pdf

I can't get your schematic links to open. That doesn't mean it couldn't be on my end. Anybody else?
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
      I can't get your schematic links to open. That doesn't mean it couldn't be on my end. Anybody else?
      ..nor me.
      Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

There is another thread around here for this model, with schematics. I think it is erroneously named MX610
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Schematic: Samson XM610.zip

Comment

i just found a burnt tiny transisitor--kinda hidden. its Q221

another resisitor thats on the Amp2 pcb is R300 but its not on the schematic --it appears to have brown/brown/black stripes , but tests 3.3k

Comment

perhaps that was orange orange red until it got hot and oxidized the color bands?

What does R300 connect to? Since channel 2 goes up to R294, they could have added some parts as a revision. I see not circuits in the 300 range on any page.
              Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

yea , it looks like it may have seen some heat , i cant tell where 1 end goes , pcb is still in the case , but other end goes to Q222

Comment

Ive got parts on the way--guess i can start there

Comment

Working...
                  X