No announcement yet.

Cheap Practical Strap Locks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay. I use a fixed-adjustment leather strap on my Tele. If someone else wants to play my guitar with their non-Schaller equipped strap, because my one doesn't fit them (which happens often because I keep mine really high), the strap easily slides off the buttons. That doesn't happen with Dunlops, because the buttons are shaped more like conventional strap buttons.

Justin
    "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
    "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
    "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

since each of my guitars has a single strap I just permanently affix them
      Click image for larger version

Name:	photo%u0025252520%2525287%252529.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	840854

of course this negates the "today's a rainy Monday so I feel like using my faux leopard skin strap..." type caprice but c'est la vie...

Comment

Originally posted by mozz View Post
        Spend the $12 and buy shallers.
        I already has some Schallers. They're $17 equivalent in the UK - how come something made in Europe is cheaper in the US than the UK? I was interested to see what the DX ones were like for the price. I've also got Dunlops, which I prefer.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
          Bread bag clip.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37570[/ATTACH]

I tried this, briefly, and was really quite amazed at how well it worked. I can't speak to the long term efficacy of this solution, but those little clips seem really tough, and they're free so it's even cheaper than my washers.

You win the thread!
          Last edited by elipsey; 02-09-2016, 07:16 PM.

Comment

The cheapest and simplest solution, of course, is to put on a brand-new strap and learn how to put on and take off your guitar without ever undoing the strap. By doing that, I can sling the guitar over my back with no fear of the strap letting go. But what fun is that?

Comment

Originally posted by ThermionicScott View Post
              The cheapest and simplest solution, of course, is to put on a brand-new strap and learn how to put on and take off your guitar without ever undoing the strap. By doing that, I can sling the guitar over my back with no fear of the strap letting go. But what fun is that?
              This is a good point. I generally consider the strap part of the guitar and don't remove it, except to move it to a different guitar. But I kind of buy them as souveniers when I travel, like with the names of places or music stores on them, so I don't always want to get rid of them even if the leather is streched out; hence the strap locks.

Comment

Originally posted by elipsey View Post
                I generally consider the strap part of the guitar and don't remove it, except to move it to a different guitar.
                Similar here. In fact I'm about to replace an old shredded fabric strap with another NOS one, both EarthIII's and how long have they been out of business? Good outfit, I miss 'em.

I've long used bass string-tree buttons as strap buttons, or put a big washer between strap & button top, even have a few funky old cam-holed plastic wafers (what the dickens were they called?)

I suppose if you have a hat or big hair, a wig (!) or elaborate clothing/costume onstage you have to snap the strap off the guitar. Otherwise I vote to stick it on & leave it on for good.
                This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Working...
                X