Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6150+ Mods and a real engineer guitarist!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6150+ Mods and a real engineer guitarist!

Looking for 6505+ mods I stumbled upon the site of one Matt Weed (great name!) at Atomium Amplification, out of Philadelphia PA

5150 II / 6505+ Mods | Electronic States

his mods are on the whole part very well thought out and he makes a real effort to explain them (kind of an anti GW )

He is a real gear head and plays guitar in a band called Rosetta-
    He describes his rig here, with most of his stuff self made

Dig the description of his EGC aluminum guitar and pickup minutia! Not many "post-metal" guitarists mention LTspice in their rig talks...
    Last edited by tedmich; 02-03-2016, 09:48 PM.

FJA Mods

Guy is good !
    KB

Comment

And secret eh? Jerry spilled the beans on Cameron 5150 mods but Voodoo and FJA gotta feed their families.

Comment

Originally posted by tedmich View Post
        And secret eh? Jerry spilled the beans on Cameron 5150 mods but Voodoo and FJA gotta feed their families.
        They probably follow the excellent advice given in:
        "Guru's Lair: Patent Avoidance Library"

Read it carefully, many times, not one useless word in there.

which basically says the *only* way to make some money on an idea is:
        a) keep your lips firmly shut
        2) try to make as much $$$ as possible *quick* , before everybody and his brother copies you at lower cost in huge quantities and sweeps you out of the Market.
        Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

The REAL American way, exposed...

Justin
          "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
          "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
          "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
            They probably follow the excellent advice given in:
            "Guru's Lair: Patent Avoidance Library"
            that site is quite a freak show!

Comment

Oh, the guy's a real genius, I've been following him for some 45 years, go figure.
              Don Lancaster, John Simontor, Dan Meyer and a couple others were the high Priests in experimental Electronics, plus the guy who developed singlehandedly the Satellite TV systems (don't remember his name) and the one who developed the Altair computer, the first hobby type one (way before Apples or PCs) and who invented the concept of motherboard + data exchange bus where you could plug in modular boards (audio/video/drives/interface/modem/etc.)

All of them personal heroes.

Besides that, Don Lancaster was friends with the Adobe guys since all were kids, and had a lot in developing Postscript and what later became PDF , go figure.

A real hippie type, moved to the middle of the Desert.

Not by chance Adobe is Adobe and his own company is Tinaja, both being words used by the Pueblo indians and important in their culture.

In part thanks to him, we have personal computers (in general, not meaning IBM ones), and PDF.

He also wrote the standard reference for decades: CMOS cookbook and Active Filter cookbook, with predesigned solutions to *anything* in those areas.
              Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

I wore out a copy of the TTL cookbook, and I learned that technology from it.

I talked to Lancaster on the phone breifly some decades ago, I forget why. In his column in the magazine, he always had some small challenge and gave away a "free tinaja quest" if you got it right. DOn was impressed I pronounced it properly.
                Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
                X