Delay function

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,
    Here is a better schematic diagram. Where would I be putting the changes. I am thinking you are talking about from the intersection between C7 and C8 on back. I would be willing to work on that section because the gain doesn't do anything but put noise into the mix.
    I know it is a cheap amp but, the circuit is so simple that a lot of modifications seem posible.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SpareRibs; 03-16-2016, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve A. View Post
      For starters I would try rewiring the negative feedback loop* of the first opamp stage, along with the circuit to ground from the - and + inputs.
      * This is the circuitry between the output and the - input. It shapes the gain and response of the stage. A jumper will give you unity gain, a 10k resistor will give you a whole shitload. A capacitor will cut highs. Clipping diodes will give you distortion.
      Steve Ahola
      Hello,
      After reading this post over and over again, it finally sunk in. Thanks, several of the small changes you and Juan have suggested should make a remarkable difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve A. View Post
        For starters I would try rewiring the negative feedback loop* of the first opamp stage, along with the circuit to ground from the - and + inputs.
        * This is the circuitry between the output and the - input. It shapes the gain and response of the stage. A jumper will give you unity gain, a 10k resistor will give you a whole shitload. A capacitor will cut highs. Clipping diodes will give you distortion. Quite often there will be a pot or variable resistor as a gain control.
        Juan pointed out that a cap and resistor from the - terminal to ground will act as a bright cap which was a big help in revoicing my 90's Fender amps.
        HTH
        Steve Ahola
        Hello,
        OK, Steve, I changed the R2 resistor from 47 to 10, and boy did it open up big time. Should I now change the C2 capacitor it is 10pF that seems rather small at 0.1, would it help to go to .02 or a little higher ?
        Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X