Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackfield Amps - ???

Hey All,

Just a matter of satisfying curiosity, no, I don't have one. Hanging in a local shop and the owner showed me a video of Alice Cooper, 1971. The backline had a couple Blackfields. They looked like Marshalls, but all we could find on Google was a back tag, "Made in Germany." Just wondering if anybody knew anything or seen one? I'm thinking similar to "hey, I could build these cheaper and not pay import duties," like Jim Marshall did to Fender... So anybody ever seen one? Thanks!

The shop has a West Filmore, the cleanest V4 you'll ever see, a SS first series Pro Reverb, and some really cool other stuff; I like it... sweet matching 1970 Bassman, too.

Justin
    "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
    "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
    "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

ALice Cooper is still with us, try contacting him ( I am sure he has a web site or an agent or a something), and ask if he recalls anything about them. Could be a guy built them and it never went any further. For sure there are darn few Enzo amps in this world.

The West amps were made right here in Lansing. Dave West died just jast fall.

David West, who built amps for Michigan rockers, dies
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Or, if you're on facebook, you could go straight to the source and hit up Michael Bruce (one of Alice's guitar players 1971). I met Alice a couple of years ago and he's a great guy, but I doubt he gives/gave much of a crap what amps the guitar players used- though I could certainly be wrong about that.

https://www.facebook.com/Michael-Owe...6594209125705/

Edit: I did find that the full name of the company was Blackfield Orchester Elektronik and it was indeed a German company.
      "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Thanks guys! I tend to forget that I live in a social-media-saturated world. Well, I don't, but everyone else does...

Justin
        "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
        "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
        "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

Don't sweat it. I'm not on fb myself. I might be the most anti-social person there is. Well, except when it comes to MEF.
          Last edited by The Dude; 03-19-2016, 03:28 AM.
          "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

I just got on the Farcebook in August, mostly to keep track of people when I went off to school. It's not bad, as long as you keep your "Friends" to people you actually met in person, don't put anything that can give your identity away, etc. Discretion is always good. But until then, MEF was it. Which will be 10 years this June!

Justin

Comment

No facebook for me, too much drama, if nothing else. The FB web pages I see seem to be a jumble without organization. I hate when I look up a restaurant, and I get their facebook page. it is a bunch of pictures of food, comments by people who went there, and announcements that no longer apply, and not in any sort of order.

MY sister and her daughter were not speaking to each other for the longest time. Why? Because the daughter wouldn't "friend" her mother. I doubt I could go on FB and not make my sister a "friend." At least and still be invited to Xmas.

I did think of making a FB page just to do things like post announcements that I had bought some socks, with photos. Or post pointless likes for everything in the world.
              Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Was it anything like this?
                Special Sound 2000 R Ampl/Mixer Blackfield; Gladbeck

Was the show on the video in Germany? That would probably explain having them in the backline.
                Originally posted by Enzo
                I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
                X