Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wierd phone call this morning....fromn an old customer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wierd phone call this morning....fromn an old customer.

The weirdest happened about an hour ago.... I got a phone call from someone saying that wanted to order a set of pickups. When I asked him how I could help him, he said "I'd like to order a cheeseburger and some fries" ...then he paused... I asked him if he was talking to me, he said yes, then hung up.
    I decided to search my email inbox for the number, and sure enough.. customer from 2014. No email exchanges, just a Paypal payment.. weird... records show it was shipped shortly afterwards to Dellwood, MO.

Anyone else ever get any bizzarro phone calls like that?

my GF suggested I get a burg' and fries from McD's and send it to him. I'm tempted...

my biggest gripe are the ones who try and tell you how to make the pickup for them....and you know its not going to work or achieve the sound he is after.....sometimes I just make it.... other times I insist that he he is not going to like the result. but they go on and on....half the time I think its from reading internet forums...LOL

as for weird calls like burger guy, no I don't get those... thank heavens

Comment

Originally posted by WolfeMacleod View Post
      my GF suggested I get a burg' and fries from McD's and send it to him. I'm tempted...
      You could even pot it in some wax to preserve the order better. Although if you research how well preserved McD's food last for years out the box, you might not need any wax.
      When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

I couldnt' help myself..

Click image for larger version

Name:	cheeseburger.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	165.7 KB
ID:	841731Click image for larger version

Name:	Stan.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	310.6 KB
ID:	841732

Comment

Originally posted by WolfeMacleod View Post
          I couldnt' help myself..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38781[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]38782[/ATTACH]
          hope you insisted on paypal for payment!
          Jack Briggs

sigpic
          www.briggsguitars.com

forum.briggsguitars.com

Comment

Just hope he isn't:

Last edited by J M Fahey; 04-22-2016, 10:23 PM.
            Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by jack briggs View Post
              hope you insisted on paypal for payment!
              heh. I figured it would be good for a laugh. I wonder if he'll say anything tomorrow when he gets it. I wonder what he'll think.

Comment

Who said there's no such thing as a free lunch?

Be ready. He may call you back and ask for condiments.
                Last edited by The Dude; 04-23-2016, 01:24 AM.
                "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

why don't you wind him a quarter pounder ?

Comment

Talking of weird phone calls, this prank is hilarious (two random Aussies are phoned & the handsets laid next to one another)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NN7J-BpHGw

Comment

FWIW the comments suggested repeating it with 2 UK guys , THAT would be funnier
                      Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

And here I thought it was only Americans who couldn't go three seconds without dropping an F-Bomb...

Justin
                        "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
                        "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
                        "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

My favourites are the one's that want to trade you stuff for your pickups like this one from last Tuesday.

........................................................ ....
                          Hi James,

Just wondering what a set of humbuckers would cost? Nickel covers (which I can supply...I also have a spare set to throw in, Gibson Authentic in the packaging, if it's something you'd use and could help cushion the cost...these Gibson covers are about $33 each at L&M). Two-lead braided wire, which I have but I'm sure you do too. In the ballpark of 8.33kHz bridge and 7.66kHz neck...cloning an old set of Juarez Duncan's I have...not potted. I believe these are early enough that he was using Alnico 2 mags, butyrate bobbins, 42AWG plain enamel...
                          ........................................................ .....
                          Take Care,

Jim. . .
                          VA3DEF

Comment

No, that's what I get when I try to sell gear on C-list... No, I will not trade a Squirt Bullet & Dano mini pedals for a Peavey Deuce VT. If you don't have $150, shut up & go away!

Justin
                            "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
                            "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
                            "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

BTW, WolfeMacleod, I'm going to be wanting tacos on Wednesday. Shall I PM you my address?
                              "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Working...
                              X