RAT tonepad board Q.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAT tonepad board Q.

Chaps- anyone know if the tonepad site to order a RAT pcb board, is still valid/ still available? seems many, many years site just the same.. so Im wondering if I click/ buy, whether the site is still 'alive'.

Thanks SC

Glad you want to build one

Please link the place to check but in any case I *guess* if the online buying section is working, the site should be alive, and if not, it should reject your purchase or never complete it.

Even better, I bet it must have some contact address, send them an EMail and wait for an answer, or if they have a Forum, ask there.

Absolute worst case, maybe this would be the moment for you to start practicing on etching and drilling your own boards.

Not sure about tonepad offering fully finished boards, I always thought they offered ..... er ..... toner transfer "pads" , 2 per sheet if I'm not mistaken to cover against errors or let you build an extra one for a friend.

If so, and if the pattern/drawing is available, you can download and print it yourself, would be glad to help you etching your own.

I usually make quantities of boards, so I silkscreen them, but for the odd one-off , testing a new design, etc. , I still print and iron a Laser tone transfer.

In fact, always print a couple extra ones; laser toner and paper are *cheap* , if I don't like the first transfer I just clean the PCB with some acetone/nail enamel remover/paint thinner , make surface clean and brilliant again with some kitchen grade steel wool and start again.

EDIT: just checked, it claims
    tonepad pcb catalog:
    (last update Nov.29.2015 10:00am *GMT-6:00*)
    that doesn't read as "many many years" to me, rather very reasonable almost 5 Months
    Last edited by J M Fahey; 04-23-2016, 05:33 PM.
    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Welcome back, SC!
      Just wondering- did you get your Youtube video issue resolved?

-rb
      DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Comment

Hi rjb- thanks. No its still glitchy, same on mozilla & chrome. I just stick with it (instead of even considering a new LPC). Odd that iplayer can play an hr prog ok tho with an image size 5x the size as YTubes small 'screen'.

Anyway I guess I just click buy the pcb & assume its a kosher site still.

Comment

Working...
        X