Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken Plastic clip holding On/Off circuit board

Hi All,

One of two plastic clips holding the on/off circuit board switch broke and no longer holds the on/off button in place. The button does still work when manually held in place. How can I fix this so that the button will be held in place and responds to being pushed on and off?

The top part/latching part of the clip broke and I was thinking of just putting a drop of crazy glue from the top of the broken clip onto the circuit board where the clip would have been. The clip broke off flush with the top of the circuit board. I am not sure if this will be effective?

You can just make out the top of the broken clip which is in diagonally across from the intact clip holding one side of the board in place. Intact clip in the lower right of and the top of broken clip is in upper left quadrant.

Thanks,

Jamie
    Attached Files

I'll preface by saying, I'm not sure I entirely understand the picture or description. Are we talking about buttons like on much home stereo equipment where the button is part of an assembly and you can't really replace the single button? If so, what I have done in the past is find a piece of stiff paper like a thicker business card or something of the sort. Cut a small piece and glue it to the button and where the broken tabs attach. The paper/cardboard holds the button in place and yet allows pushing the switch in and out because of its flexibility. I know, vague, but I hope it helps.
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Welcome to the place/
      Originally posted by Jamiewla View Post
      The top part/latching part of the clip broke and I was thinking of just putting a drop of crazy glue from the top of the broken clip onto the circuit board where the clip would have been. The clip broke off flush with the top of the circuit board. I am not sure if this will be effective?
      What I do for these is to use a filled epoxy to build a new section onto the end where the broken part was. Something like JB Weld.

If you repair the broken part, it will still allow for the board to be removed later if it needs to be repaired.

Comment

Working...
      X