X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSL 401

Another jcm 2000 project ....

this one is a dsl 401

The clean channel works fine- sounds great , but switching to the OD ch. , i have almost no volume...if the gain and master are on 10 i can barely hear signal on OD2 mode...od 1 is silent.

i have a big voltage drop somewhere on the power rail to the pre tubes ...yet the clean channel acts normal

for example i have 0v at the junction of r77 and r81

all the resistors are good down the rail starting at R32 , but after each one the voltage is dropping very low

all the plate resistors test good , im somehow getting 90dvc at pin 1 - V1 , but no voltage at the plates at v2 / v3

i noticed r55 / r77 / r79 are getting very hot , but r81 is cool to the touch

i just cant find any bad resistors....could it be one of those transistors such as t9 / t12 etc, shorting to ground?

after V1 it says "ODMUTE" after pin 7, what is that?
    Attached Files

ODMUTE is on the channel switching circuit/ page 2.
    The signal rides on it or not.

The Ch Sw uses jfets.
    Think of them as a switch.
    On/ Off.

DSL 401.zip

Comment

ok, so they wouldnt be part of the problem ?

Comment

if any of the filter caps on the rail were bad....i would hear hum and noise on the clean channel, yes?

Comment

If anyone was interested.......I found the problem.

One of the filter caps was shorting to ground....C59? i think.....it was a 10uf/450v.

amp works perfect now !!

Comment

Well, the hint was R 71 getting hot & R81 not getting hot.

Glad that you figured it out.

Comment

thanks-- i started testing parts to ground and narrowed it down...what a relief to find it

Comment

Working...
              X