string coming untied from ball end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dmartn149 View Post
    I've always used Ernie Ball. I've only started to think of trying another brand because of this ongoing problem.
    I've always used Ernie Ball strings but a guitarist friend switched from EB to D'Addario saying that they sound better (brighter) and last longer.

I keep a collection of all string gauges from .008 to .060 to make up custom sets for my guitars, my lap steels and my pedal steel. I like it that Ernie Ball packages each string in its own labelled envelope so that I can file away any leftover strings.

I find the best prices at Guitar String Warehouse for either price matching at GC or a direct order from them (they charge a flat $2.99 for any order.) They only stock the more common string sets but their D'Addario singles include .0095 and .0105. Leave out the spaces in their name and google it for a link to their site:

Guitar String Warehouse

Just Strings is also cool and I often order their S I T string sets for my lap and pedal steel (they have half-round strings, too .) They are also great if you need to know the specific gauges of a set over at GC or MF.

Strings, Instrument Strings, Music Strings for Guitar, Bass, Mandolin, Fiddle and More

S I T also makes Power Groove, Power Steel and Power Wound strings which I guess are semi-premium... I ordered a few sets of the Power Grooves but never did install them. My bad!

Steve Ahola
    The Blue Guitar
    www.blueguitar.org
    Some recordings:
    https://soundcloud.com/sssteeve/sets...e-blue-guitar/

Comment

Working...
    X