Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for acoustic preamp circuit....to make high quality (Orchid style) preamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for acoustic preamp circuit....to make high quality (Orchid style) preamp

I'm having a go at making my own version of the K & K 3xsensor acoustic pup......;and it occurs that someone out there might be able to point me towards a decent circuit so I can build a preamp too?
    It seems that the Orchid is the one to go for....any proven circuits out there??

Kev/Leeds

....perhaps I'm not in the right place.....???

Comment

Probably the right place but this time of year, answers can be few and far between. There are craploads of schematics of preamps out there. I've built several of all kinds of schems but never saw the schem for orchid. I'd just google preamp schematics and see what comes up and pick one. of course, that's just me! Mike.

Comment

For the life of me, I do not understand why manufacturers active preamp schematics are so impossible to find on the net.

It makes it very difficult to repair units that come in.

Anyway, here are the few that I have found on the net.

Preamp Schematic.zip

Personally, I think the OP may be asking a bit much as I can not find any real data on the 'Orchid preamp' nor the K & K 3xsensor acoustic pup.

Comment

Thanks for those Jazz P Bass...

BTW.....was just chasin' something in the style of the Orchid....with good matching, and decent eq control.

Comment

What about the Award-Session Gordon Giltrap preamp?

http://www.award-session.com/images/GG10C-SC.JPG

Comment

Thanks for that Mick......decisions decisions!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X