No announcement yet.

Ibanez DM2000 Digital Delay Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

18 watts is fine, i wouldn't change them in that case. Can't really help with the noise problem.

Comment

Update. So I decided to try and replace the ADC chip and after successfully replacing 2 other chips, this one didn't go so well and I messed the unit up. Now I get the dry signal fine but no delay signal. I've tried running jumper wires where I burned the pcb traces but no luck yet. Great. Anyone have a spare laying around for parts??? 😕

Comment

Update #2. I am getting a delay signal but it is much weaker than the dry signal and there is no feedback. Modulation works great but there are no delay repeats and there is major distortion on the signal now. The delay is the correct length based on what's set in the time, but there are no repeats no matter how much the feedback is turned up. What manages the feedback signal? Is that all part of the whole delay process or specific to certain parts like the RAM chips, or other certain areas? I definitely burnt some connector holes for IC 135, the ADC chip, but I'm getting continuity to everywhere it connects to, except 2 places where I ruined the traces but I jumped them with wires and that is good now. I can definitely hear weak distorted signal where I heard strong signal before. Any help with this is appreciated but I think I might have destroyed it for good short of replacing the whole digital pcb. Good luck finding one of those. I can't find anything else that might have gone bad.

Comment

Working...
        X