Looking for stacked pot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for stacked pot

I'm looking for stacked potentiometer used in some guitars. This is 2x100k linear with center detent. Do you know manufacturer of such pots? I need one to fix a bass guitar.

Mark

Click image for larger version

Name:	pot.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	871022

I have a similar control on my 1980's, Made In Japan, Fender Jazz Bass Special. (tone control)

Not too sure at the moment what the value is or the taper.
    I will have to research it.

Thought I would pass this info on in the meantime.

Comment

O/k. I had some time to look it up.
      Not what you want.
      Dual stacked 250K & 1 Meg pots.
      It's the TBX circuit.

Comment

Fender uses one in some of their Deluxe basses. Detent in both sections. Not sure if it is linear or not.
        Fender part # is 005-3736-000
        Looks like this:
        Fender 100K Conentric Stacked Potentiometer
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Looks like a Noble piece. Bestbassgear sells the 50K/50K version, maybe they could help you source it.
          --Charlie Escher

Comment

Thank you. I found out that both EMG and NOBLE manufacture very similar pot. I'll try contacting bestbassgear to find out who the real manufacturer is.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by MarkusBass View Post
              Thank you. I found out that both EMG and NOBLE manufacture very similar pot. I'll try contacting bestbassgear to find out who the real manufacturer is.

Mark
              Guitarfetish sells one at 100K/100K, not sure if the shaft diameters are what you need or not though.
              --Charlie Escher

Comment

Thanks. The diameter looks OK but they do not specify taper type, nor whether it has center detent. I have to ask them about it.

Mark

Comment

Markus.
                  This pot looks like it came from a Fodera/Mike Pope preamp. Most preamps use a linear pots i.e. "B" taper. Very hard to find item if you don't have the bass serial number in hand. Try Fodera directly but expect to pay 10X what the part should cost. You can probably get a similar pot from MEC in Germany for a lot less. Try through <hansal at MEC-pickups dot de>

Otherwise you'll have to use the b50kdc post from Best bass gear as was suggested. It will work fine but with a slightly reduced range of effect. Noble - EQ Pot - 50K Stacked - Best Bass Gear

Comment

Thanks David. The potentiometer is from Mike Pope preamp. I sent them email but there is no answer until now .

Comment

Yeah, I'm not surprised to hear that. Mike answers his emails when there is a chance he might actually make a sale of a preamp. To ship a single pot to Poland will cost him a lot more time and aggravation than it's worth. You can also see if Noll has any of these pots, he appears to get all of his stuff from Vlado Hansal. The Warwick website also used to sell them directly. Have you tried spraying the pot with DeOxit?

Comment

Yes, I tried but it did not help. The pot is from a bass that spent few hours under water during a local flood. The bass can be easily fixed (just few minor problems) but the preamp didn't survive it. Take a look at one of vias on the PC board.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	board01.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	844056
                        I'd like to try to fix it. And to do it, I need the pot. I think that all problems with the board can be fixed. If I fail, I'll buy new modules from Mike. But it's not nice of him that he doesn't care for his customers .

Mark

Comment

Working...
                        X