fix ground on wrap around bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fix ground on wrap around bridge

The ground wire has broken loose from under the stud on my Les Paul special style guitar. Does anyone here have any advice on fixing it? Am I going to have to remove the bushing? I thought I might slip the wire back under the post and hold it with a spring between the post and the bottom of the hole (half ass, I know) but I can't even find where the wire passes through to the post.

Thanks
    Vote like your future depends on it.

Can't you stack up some washers and use a screw to pull the bushing?
    The hole in the stacked washers will need to be just larger than the diameter of the bushing.
    I had rather ground it on the bottom, and it should look better.
    GL,
    T
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

Thanks T
      I've never pulled a bushing before. I just now watched a video on how to do it. looks pretty simple. Should that ground lead get soldered to the bushing, or just trapped under it?

Comment

Not sure what you will find?
        If you can file the bottom of the bushing and get it to take solder, that may be best.
        Solder is always my preferred method.
        GL,
        T
        "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
        Terry

Comment

Ok, pulled it. Shocking how easy it came out. There was a thin wood shim wrapped part way around. The ground is just wedged in next to the bushing.

Comment

Working...
          X