Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Princeton Reverb build with pot for bias does not have enough negative bias voltage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just so we are all on the same page:

(" it seems that resistor is in a good spot to be a fuse of sorts before the OT")

The rectifier output feeds the OT center tap directly.

Off of that, you have a 1K / 2W resistor which feeds the 6V6 screens.

From there we go to a 10K/ 1 W resistor which feeds the preamp.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for all the help everyone.

G1, thanks. I have the new resistor and a new bias cap on the way....and a new set of tubes. Costly mistake that I will not make again!

Jazz P Bass, thanks for correcting me on the schematic, I read over it to fast and jumped to an incorrect position on the reality of it.

Nick B, I should have looked at the actual component symbol and not the polarity signs. I looked up and verified which side of the diode was positive based on the stripe on the body and thought I had put it in correctly.

I will be putting the new cap and resistor in ad then starting it up without power tubes to verify that the new resistor is not overheating. If it doe snot, then is it safe to think it was a bad tube? If it does, then I will have to start trying to figure out what else is wrong.

I am super excited about getting this done, the bit of time I got to play through it before the resistor burned up, it sounded great and was noise/hum free.

Comment

Working...
      X