No announcement yet.

peavey 130 special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i took a gamble hooked up guitar and channel switching works!!!!!!!! that 17.31 voltage is higher than 15 should i be concrened about that i will try amp at home where i have more time.if that voltage is not going to be a problem. thanks for all the help i learned a lot on this fourm.but a lot more to go if i live that long.thanks again bcclew

Comment

1/11/17 played amp for about 1&1/2 hours seems to work fine didnt put it back in cabinet yet just in case somebody gets back abou the 17 volts. thanks again.i know this is an amp forum but if you guys need any car help shoot me a personal hit be glad to help thanks again

Comment

It seems that the CR37 voltage is a bit high, and the CR36 voltage is a bit low.
        But you also mentioned that the common point is not at zero, but at 1.495. Is it still not zero at the other end of CR37?
        Are all the grounds connected and board mounting screws in place?
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

all mounting screws are in ill ck tonight BUT I REALLY DIDNT SEE ANY OTHER GROUND WIRES EXCEPT IN THE PLASTIC PLUGS AND THEY LOOKED OK BUT ILL CK TONIGHT ON THAT VOLTAGE THANKS

Comment

Not so much a missing ground wire, but perhaps a broken or burnt off ground trace on the board. Measure resistance to chassis from the "ground" point of the two zeners. It SHOULD read zero ohms or close.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

ok cked voltage its now 16.06 and .114where we had 1.495 also cked some of the caps in that area they are also .114

Comment

i thought i put this in early but heres what we have the 17 volts is 16.06 the ground side is .114 i cked the caps around that area and .114 is a lot of them

Comment

i thought i put this in early but heres what we have the 17 volts is 16.06 the ground side is .114 i cked the caps around that area and .114 is a lot of them

Comment

ok cked voltage its now 16.06 and .114where we had 1.495 also cked some of the caps in that area they are also .114

Comment

Do you have your black probe on the chassis metal?
                      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
                        Do you have your black probe on the chassis metal?
                        Yes

Comment

With power off measure resistance from chassis metal to the ground end of those zener diodes.

Comment

OK I won't get home till Tuesday night I'll get back we'd am thanks

Comment

chassis ground to diode 47 ohms recked voltage on diode back to 17 and 1.495 all the caps in the area 47 ohms and 1.495 volts if i have to i can bring amp back to work and keep cking. also chassis to volume pots are 0.06 ohms thanks

Comment

chassis ground to diode 47 ohms recked voltage on diode back to 17 and 1.495 all the caps in the area 47 ohms and 1.495 volts if i have to i can bring amp back to work and keep cking. also chassis to volume pots are 0.06 ohms thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X