Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zozobra View Post
    I'll be following this with interest
    Been thinking of this project and thought some changes would be in order for the tube section. I did a paraphase inverter once and thought it sounded good in the just to the edge of breakup range fattening up the signal. Figured adding a switch to go from a Bassman to a sort of Tweed is worth the added complexity of a four pole switch. The input may have its own switch to go to one channel or the other or both. I might start this sooner than latter, it isn't that big of a project and I could be building guitars till who knows when.

Comment

I had a bass player show up at audition yesterday. SHE was using a Quilter Power Brick into a GK 1x15" cab. Sounded great. $249 amp.

Comment

I think we may see designs soon that are either switching amps designed to go under popular pedalboards or pedalboards that ARE the amplifier.

Just to be clear, I'm not currently designing such a thing at my day job, it just popped into my head.
        Amazing!! Who would ever have guessed that someone who villified the evil rich people would begin happily accepting their millions in speaking fees!

Oh, wait! That sounds familiar, somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by R.G. View Post
          ...or pedalboards that ARE the amplifier.
          And you put this idea out for just anyone to grab and run with? Reading your posts I feel as though I am in the presence of a bodhisattva
          If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
          If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
          We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
          MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

A step closer. Threw together a cabinet for a 12" speaker. Still need to round off the corners and not sure how I want to finish it. Weighs in a 10.2 lbs and Yamaha speaker that is 5 lbs or if I want to go light weight an old Jensen C12R at 3 lbs will be easy to carry around once I put the handle on it. I went to Home Depot and picked out the lightest piece of pine they had. Just a break from my Telecaster project, need to carve the neck next. Might start the amp once I start finishing the neck.

Comment

My zvs boost board turned up yesterday. I've just had a little play with it usng a cheap wallwart and it works as expected. Definitely excited to try some hybrid builds with it.

Comment

Cab turned out nicely. The neck is carved, still want to glue on a headplate. Have not decided what yet though. Need to get something for side fret markers. Never realized I did not have any black.

Comment

Looks like SD are getting in on the game too:
                  PowerStage 170 : Seymour Duncan

They offer a 700W @ 4 ohm half rack model too.

Comment

Working...
                  X