Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On Double-cream. New movement on the petition to cancel. READ!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On Double-cream. New movement on the petition to cancel. READ!

Everyone known about the trademark that Dimarzio holds on the double-cream humbuckers.

Many people know that Sheptone was sued last year.

Some people know that there is currently a cancellation proceeding filed last year by someone local to me. I hope this link works: USPTO TTABVUE. Proceeding Number 92064181

If not, try here: USPTO TTABVUE. Trademark Trial and Appeal Board Inquiry System

The person who filed this petition has spent $10,000 to date on attorney fees.

The USPTO has issued a statement that basically says "We want evidence that more people in the community are affected" (Page 5 in the document listed above)

THIS IS YOUR CHANCE TO SPEAK UP AND BE HEARD.

A document has been prepared by the attorney representing the cancellation proceeding. This document will be collected by the attorney and forwarded to the USPTO as evidence that people in the community are affected, and that it limits the choice of manufacturers.

This document is here:

http://www.echoesofmars.com/Declarat...03277903-2.doc Please sign it, and write a short statement on page two explaining that you would like the choice to purchase your favorite brand of pickups in the color you desire so you can make your guitar fit your preferred aesthetics/colors/appearance, etc.

Winders should express that they are a manufacturer who is affected due to LOST SALES.

Print the document, sign it, scan it, (or photograph well) and then email it to:

iwantdoublecream@gmail.com

THE DEADLINE IS MARCH 13TH.

This is your chance. If enough signatures and statements are not collected, the USPTO will terminate this cancellation proceeding.

Done!

Comment

Did this go anywhere?

Curious if this went anywhere.
      http://www.SDpickups.com
      Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

I got a email last week about a refund due to it being canceled. Few days later my donation was returned to my account. So i guess it was dropped.

Comment

However, this does not amount to the allegations of affidavits or signatures on petitions, or survey results that show, as required by Ritchie, that other guitar owners share his belief in damage if Respondent's mark remains registered.
          Just wondering- I take it that opinions expressed on various guitar gear discussion forums have no legal weight?
          In other words, only affidavits, petitions, or surveys are considered?
          It appears that the bar is only "belief" in damage - not proof of damage.
          DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Comment

Of course Forum opinions have zero legal weight.
            Main problem is that users are anonymous, period.
            Even in the very few cases (such as mine) where a user posts full real name, itīs not checked , so .....
            Besides that, "whatīs not filed in Court records does not exist" , so unless somebody specifically delivers them using the proper channels, they are irrelevant.
            Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Just wondering

This proceeding is still live, no?

Prosecution History
              USPTO TTABVUE. Proceeding Number 92064181

MOT Denied; Trial Dates Reset
              http://ttabvue.uspto.gov/ttabvue/v?p...pty=CAN&eno=21
              The proceeding is RESUMED. The remaining conferencing, discovery, disclosure,and trial dates are reset as follows:
              DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Comment

Originally posted by rjb View Post

Prosecution History

The proceeding is RESUMED. The remaining conferencing, discovery, disclosure,and trial dates are reset as follows:
                Yes.

And if the pending cream/blade application is defeated, it's even more weight in support of the cancellation of the original cream mark.

Comment

Originally posted by rjb View Post

Prosecution History

Yes.

And if the pending cream/blade application is defeated, it's even more weight in support of the cancellation of the original cream mark.

Comment

I Haven't been around here in a long time but just poked my nose through the door to see what's happening and saw this thread.

Last post was in December so I'm wondering if this is still "in play" (the USPTO preceeding) and if it's not too late to submit a doc statement?

-Brad
                    -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

Working...
                    X