Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tone Kraft

Hi everyone,

just joined the forum although i've spend many hours reading up on here ... Great insights and info.

Just wondering if anyone here that deals with Tone Kraft has had any problems worth mentioning?

I've recently (24th Feb) placed an order with them (for the first time and quite a hefty one actually $1200) and still today my order is awaiting fulfilment. Sure it was quite a big order but the lack of email response/replies makes matters worse... I keep being told it will ship the next day but it never does. I am fuming at this point...

Is this your experience with this supplier?

How do I handle this?

You might try calling them and see what the problem is?
    William J. 856.314.8815

T
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

I have and was told it was out the door with the postal service although site still not updated and no tracking number provided. I guess I have to wait and see if there's any updates...

Thanks T

Comment

They probably are just behind on their orders.
        Since they do custom engraving, and custom flatwork orders, that may be the case.
        If you ordered any custom cut flatwork, or laser engraving, that would also take longer.
        If I talk with them, I will suggest they give a time frame on how many weeks out, to expect to wait, for future orders.
        They do nice work, so hopefully it will be worth the wait.
        GL,
        T
        "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
        Terry

Comment

you see T, if only I would have received an email telling me that that is the case, I would understand... The problem is not hearing anything back

Thanks for your input.

Comment

I ordered a few things a few weeks ago. Was told that they were out of stock on one item, but they would ship what was in stock, and then ship the other item when they got it back in stock (just some black pre-tinned wire).

Got my order, but after about a week of hearing nothing on the wire, I called them mid-week and was told it would be shipped that Friday. Another week went by and heard nothing. Called back and was told it would ship soon.

After about another week, I called again and was told that their supplier wasn't shipping the stuff they needed or some such thing. They eventually just cancelled that item in my order and issued a refund.

All in all, kinda disappointing, but they can't control if their supplier doesn't deliver. Anyways, my only gripe was that they weren't very proactive in notifying me. I kinda feel that if I hadn't badgered them that I'd still be waiting.

Comment

Exactly... My issue mainly is the lack of communication. And lies. If you know you're not going to ship the order anytime soon don't tell me it's going out now.

I've heard good things about the product so I want to try but with a service like this, I'm really doubtful I can work with them.

Thanks for your input Chris.

Comment

I'm hoping the problem is just a temporary thing due to increased business ,they said they were really busy ...purchased stuff more than a week ago & finally got tracking numbers today .......keep on there backs tonekraft@comcast.net
                "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

A customer directed me to this thread, and I thought I should reply. I'll try to be short and to the point.

First, let me say that TeleUser's order has now been shipped. We shipped it Express in an effort to at least try to save a little time.

I sincerely apologize to anyone who has experienced delays in their shipments as we are going through some growing pains. We just hired 2 new techs who will both be starting on the 27th. In addition, we have invested a large amount of money on new equipment to help run things a little more efficiently and speed the process up. Collectively we are also implementing a new model that along with our new help and equipment should bring our lead time to within 48 hours for "build to order". We are dealing with about a 2 week backlog at the moment. While we appreciate the work, our response has admittedly suffered at the same time. I am really sorry for the unacceptable wait time.

As far as communication goes, presently we receive a minimum of about 50+ emails on a slow day from around the world that require responses. These emails include questions about orders and ordering, custom builds, providing special invoices for special requests, engraving files, technical Q's, etc.. you get the picture. Providing as many custom options as we do also has a down side in that it requires an enormous amount of resources in regards to communication. I could easily spend an entire day answering emails (and sometimes do) and still not get to everyone. Lets not even talk about getting behind on emails and communications. Our expectation is that after implementing the changes mentioned above that it will help eliminate a portion of the correspondence we are currently handling. A simple solution would be to offer less options to our customers, but we are trying to avoid that at all costs. In fact, we have a lot more options and unique products coming up soon.

These changes will take somewhere in the range of 4-5 weeks to become fully implemented. I hope this helps to clear a few things up. We truly appreciate everyone's business, small and large, and thank everybody for their patience. Please know that a quality product along with great customer service is always our main goal, even if we fall short from time to time, we're always striving to improve... always learning.

Informatively,
                  William
                  Last edited by Tone Kraft; 03-18-2017, 02:08 AM.
                  [FONT=Arial][B]William Johnson I Design & Marketing[/B][/FONT]
                  [B]TONE KRAFT[/B]
                  523 Howard Street
                  Riverton, NJ 08077

Office: 856.314.8815
                  email: [email]williamj@tone-kraft.com[/email]
                  web: [url]www.tone-kraft.com[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Tone Kraft View Post
                    A customer directed me to this thread, and I thought I should reply. I'll try to be short and to the point.

First, let me say that TeleUser's order has now been shipped. We shipped it Express in an effort to at least try to save a little time.

I sincerely apologize to anyone who has experienced delays in their shipments as we are going through some growing pains. We just hired 2 new techs who will both be starting on the 27th. In addition, we have invested a large amount of money on new equipment to help run things a little more efficiently and speed the process up. Collectively we are also implementing a new model that along with our new help and equipment should bring our lead time to within 48 hours for "build to order". We are dealing with about a 2 week backlog at the moment. While we appreciate the work, our response has admittedly suffered at the same time. I am really sorry for the unacceptable wait time.

As far as communication goes, presently we receive a minimum of about 50+ emails on a slow day from around the world that require responses. These emails include questions about orders and ordering, custom builds, providing special invoices for special requests, engraving files, technical Q's, etc.. you get the picture. Providing as many custom options as we do also has a down side in that it requires an enormous amount of resources in regards to communication. I could easily spend an entire day answering emails (and sometimes do) and still not get to everyone. Lets not even talk about getting behind on emails and communications. Our expectation is that after implementing the changes mentioned above that it will help eliminate a portion of the correspondence we are currently handling. A simple solution would be to offer less options to our customers, but we are trying to avoid that at all costs. In fact, we have a lot more options and unique products coming up soon.

These changes will take somewhere in the range of 4-5 weeks to become fully implemented. I hope this helps to clear a few things up. We truly appreciate everyone's business, small and large, and thank everybody for their patience. Please know that a quality product along with great customer service is always our main goal, even if we fall short from time to time, we're always striving to improve... always learning.

Informatively,
                    William
                    I do some business with TK. Maybe an insignificant amount to them, but still. Even when there is a slight delay on something (and there currently is), William has always done right by my or made up for it.

Here's hoping whatever kinks they're having are soon worked out.

Comment

Originally posted by Tone Kraft View Post

Informatively,
                      William
                      Hi William,

Thank you for your comment on this thread.

I hope it's clear to you that I had no idea that you were running a bit of a delay on orders and at no point was this information passed to me. In fact, my last email to you clearly stated that I wasn't happy about not knowing what was happening...That was my main point this whole time.

Had I received an (quick) email explaining that you were running with a bit of a delay, I would understand and would not press any further. I am very easy to deal with as I have many years experience on that side of things and I know that constantly bothering you will not make my order arrive quicker.

So that you know, I am planning to return to you at a later date and I hope that by then, at least the report/email reply part has improved a bit but even if not, please advise me or any other client of the reason's behind the delay (in this case, catching up on orders) and I assure you that both parts will come out winning.

Just to sum up, this order was to the UK and I still haven't received it as it's now in customs waiting clearance. I received a letter asking me for details (invoice and transaction proof) last week and still have no idea when I'll get this cleared.

Thanks again William for your input as well as everyone else who's contributed to the thread. Your words clearly prove what all the comments on here stated ... You always do well on your customers.

Regards
                      TeleUser

Comment

I placed an order April 2 and it's still awaiting fulfillment one month later. Emailed one week ago and haven't heard back. It bathers me that this is where i have to go for any kind of communication. Yet still two months old. Have ordered several times before without problems but whatever is going on right now is just not good.

Comment

Originally posted by uffeiac View Post
                          I placed an order April 2 and it's still awaiting fulfillment one month later. Emailed one week ago and haven't heard back. It bathers me that this is where i have to go for any kind of communication. Yet still two months old. Have ordered several times before without problems but whatever is going on right now is just not good.
                          Read post 9.
                          I figure they are just behind.
                          I would bear with them, your order is 4 weeks old today.
                          T
                          Terry

Comment

Yup, i did read post 9, written nine weeks ago. I didn't write here to flame Tone-Kraft, just stating that the situation apparently has not improved. I don't doubt my order will eventually ship. My main issue is the lack of communication. I kinda need to be able to plan things on my end too.

Comment

I've had the same experience. I'm currently a bit nervous, as I placed an order for some rod magnets the other day and am hoping they get here quickly. I almost ordered some flatwork but I figured that might be more risky in terms of delayed/failed shipments.

I did get a prompt refund last time after opening a case thru PayPal, after many e-mails that went without response. It's something I'd rather not have to go through, though, especially after waiting so long. If every time it's gonna be me paying, a month going by, nothing coming in the mail and no shipping updates, no responses to e-mails, and then having to file a claim thru PayPal to go for a refund, I am gonna need to look elsewhere. The parts that only they offer are very cool, but it's no use if I can't ever receive them after I've placed an order.

I can get it. I've done some extremely ambitious jobs for customers and got backlogged to kingdom come for months. It was a nightmare. I will never do that again. So I can understand. And of course it's hard for me to write this comment, as while I am mad, I know how horrible it is to have pressure and criticism slammed on you when you are working yourself to death trying to keep up with the workload. I have more sympathy than anyone when it comes to this. Still...business is business.

Only solution I found was to simply not offer such complicated services anymore, even though I'm capable of doing them. It's not an easy thing to do. Obviously as a single person, the services and products I offer are much more limited...but the same principle applies. Reminds me of a Gordon Ramsay show episode where he's in an Indian restaurant where the manager insists that every customer should be able to custom order a meal, whatever they want, every time....he told them they can't survive that way, and made them pare down the menu to a more reasonable amount of dishes that the chefs could actually keep up with.

Anyway, it was admittedly hard for me to place the order for the rod magnets today, as I don't have much confidence that I'll be receiving them on time, or at all. I wish I had the confidence to order some flatwork as well but that first experience just rubbed me the wrong way, big time. And even now I'm hesitant about using this size of rod magnets because I'm not confident that they will be consistently available to me, as Tone Kraft is the only one that sells them. I don't want to get comfortable making a model of a pickup and then all of a sudden run out of materials to make it, and never know when I'll be able to get the materials to make them again.

I've been basically basing all of my pickups around what Mojotone offers, as I've consistently gotten every order fulfilled and delivered within a couple days. They don't have all the parts I want, but consistency in order fulfillment is priority #1 for me. Even if I can't get exactly what I want, knowing it'll be here in a couple days 100% of the time gives me great peace of mind. Especially when I'm anxious to try out a new pickup design, or get a custom order for a pickup out ASAP. Hopefully the situation at Tone Kraft improves, as the materials they offer are obviously of very high quality. For me, however, quality comes after consistency in delivery. If I've gotta wonder if I'm gonna get my shipment or will have to file a claim thru PayPal to get a refund, well...that's stress that I don't need and am not willing to deal with.

Comment

Working...
                              X