Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tremolo effect idea - already been done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
    The point of function generators was proof of concept: it shows you whether more complex trem envelopes are audible or not. It will demonstrate that building and entire system might pay off or might be a waste of time.
    I agree.

It's great when you can control virtually everything with amazing sensitivity but sometimes the effects are just way too subtle to warrant all the hassle... But yeah, at least you're not limited by features of the rig and can express yourself more freely. I don't think too many people using those super advanced modelling units, or those modular synths, tamper with each and every knob and parameter all the time. It's pretty much set-and-forget for most of them... but at least they can be set in virtually any way the user prefers to.

But i we take the full course then why not take it completely: Don't limit to generic amplitude modulation, implement delay line, all-pass filter, and frequency-selective AM modulation effects to the category as well. I think LFO that is assignable to drive bunch of different effects would warrant more possibilities than building a generic tremolo effect with extensive controls of the LFO section.

I wonder has anyone explored if those little analog "modular synthesizer" modules that are getting popular these days could be used for this purpose? Can you just purchase some LFO and VC module and hook them up to your preamp / effect rig? Or is it that simple? It doesn't always pay off to DIY everything just to experiment how some concepts work...

Comment

Originally posted by teemuk View Post
      But if we take the full course then why not take it completely: Don't limit to generic amplitude modulation, implement delay line, all-pass filter, and frequency-selective AM modulation effects to the category as well. I think LFO that is assignable to drive bunch of different effects would warrant more possibilities than building a generic tremolo effect with extensive controls of the LFO section..
      That's what I'm doing patching the signal generator to CC midi commands then to parameters into the fxs.

Comment

Envelopes can be fun to play with, but those are envelopes of the audio signal, rather than subtle shape changes to an LFO signal.

Envelope effects are things like auto-wah, which follows how hard you pluck a string, and so forth.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
        X