Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RMI 300A Eletra Piano output transformer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RMI 300A Eletra Piano output transformer?

Hello all, trying to get my RMI 300A Electra-Piano back to where it should be, but it is really, really quiet. I don't think its leakage, just really low output. I have some service notes that indicate the "impedance matching transformer," part W1713, is likely at fault. The note suggests replacing with part #222-1037. Mine has part #222-1037, so it was either replaced or made after RMI switched parts. This part is the last component before the output cable. However, the schematics contain no specifications for this part, and my googling has turned up nothing on either part number. Anybody have any info, or (yeah, right!) a spare sitting around? Or perhaps any other suggestions? Could I just try to swap in another output transformer? Thanks in advance!

Matt

Schematic?

Exactly why do we think it is the transformer. They do fail now and then, but are the most reliable parts in an amplifier.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
      Schematic?

Exactly why do we think it is the transformer. They do fail now and then, but are the most reliable parts in an amplifier.
      Well, I bought the schematic from Music Parts and they don't seem to be freely available on the internet, so I didn't want to just post it.. Don't want to step on toes!

The only reason I thought that it's the transformer is because of the service note.

Comment

Since you have the drawing, look back before the transformer and see if signal levels in the circuit are strong or are they also diminished there?
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Will do tonight and report back.

Comment

Well, I didn't get a chance to look at the instrument last night, but Allen Organ themselves sent me the following, so I feel comfortable posting it here.

Analog Matching Transformer Details.pdf
            RMI 300A Schematics.pdf

Comment

From the info about the transformer, it sounds like you can just bypass it to test.
              Originally posted by Enzo
              I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Well, I did bypass the transformer and essentially got no audible signal at all, so it seems like it is working. Any suggestions on what I might look at next would be most welcome...

Comment

Start with the most basic, it must be something common to all 61 oscillator sections. Do you have a good 25VDC coming out of that connector shown as 'A' on the schematic?
                  Originally posted by Enzo
                  I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Solid 24.7

Comment

Well, I decided to go ahead and build the impedance matching circuit, but I don't see where to get the 12v B+. Can I tap into the 25v and halve it with a two resistor voltage reduction mod?

Comment

Working...
                      X