Vox NT-15 Night Train disassembly...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vox NT-15 Night Train disassembly...

I have the first version of the Vox NT-15 Night Train amp head, without the built-in digital reverb. As you probably are aware, there are a ton of mods on the 'net for this amp, some of which I'd like to try. Now generally, I'm pretty good at getting things apart but I can't figure out how to remove the circuitboard from the chassis without putting the very small (16mm), very light duty pots thru hell and back. If someone has taken the circuitboard out of the chassis on one of these amps, I'd appreciate a few pointers. I, of course, removed the 4 screws holding the board to the chassis, removed the pots and jacks mounting hardware and of course, the tubes. I know some guys do certain mods without removing the board but if it went in, it must be able to come out as well.

Thanks in adv,

Bob M.

I could be wrong, but I'd assume you lift the rear of the board to clear the lower chassis, then slide board out to the rear?
    * (unless front or rear panel is removable)
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

i did it once,can you post a pic so i can remember what?

Comment

Working...
      X