No announcement yet.

'50s Bell amp power output

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The speakers are Jamo Classic 6, 4 ohms, 100 watts. Made in Denmark. The external ss preamp is a RIAA phono preamp. I understand the amp itself has no true RIAA curve, it wasn't established yet, but it is not tinny or thin sounding. I can get as much bass as I want, too much even. The bass and treble controls are pretty effective.

I have it set up now for one Mag input loaded at 47K, and the radio input unshunted, so he has the option to use his external preamp. I will d/c the crystal input.

About the grid leak resistor... wouldn't the 47k at the bottom of the tone stack qualify?
    It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

Comment

Originally posted by Randall View Post
      About the grid leak resistor... wouldn't the 47k at the bottom of the tone stack qualify?
      Yep, that'll do. I'll put on my dunce cap now, and clean my glasses too. Didn't see those dotted-line sub schemos crammed in the lower left corner.
      This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

I found some info at RadioMuseum that rates this amp at 10 watts (unknown quality). So I guess it is where it needs to be. But I can run them wide open with no clipping with the T-table. Anyone have an opinion about that unused triode in the front end? Wondering if wiring it as another gain stage and then experimenting with AT7 or AU7. Too much?
        Last edited by Randall; 07-10-2017, 10:31 PM.
        It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

Comment

Working...
        X