Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mackie Thump th15a issues

Good evening,
    I have subject active on the bench at moment. Flashing power led but power supply is fine 28vdc+- on the rails. Leave it switched on in 'flashing' mode for about a minute then the led stays on. barely audible sound through speaker. Could it be the caps in the power supply failing - although the voltage is steady - or is the amp board failed? Amp boards are no too expensive - I swapped out the TDA chip for a new 1 without any luck. I have a feeling the failure, if it's the board, is the small chip on the underside (which handily enough has no markings or identification).
    I would normally swap out the board at this stage but if that's not the issue (the LED thing is bugging me) where do you stop in replacing boards???

Cheers guys.
    J
    In life there are no problems, only challenges but in my present situation I may have a problem

Aha, after some further browsing the unidentified chip is the tda89xx class d
    In life there are no problems, only challenges but in my present situation I may have a problem

Comment

Working...
    X