No announcement yet.

Hartke HS 1200 Kick Back bass amp NOT WORKING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like initially there was an open in the circuitry to the primary which he has now corrected.
    Now that he has connected the primary, he has bright bulb without the secondary connected to anything.
    So either there is some other fault in the circuitry to the primary, or the power transformer is bad.
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Hi ,
      Yes G1 that's the case.
      Now: How do you test the transformer out of circuit? I have no idea so please be patient with me.

PRIMARY I have blue,red,brown,white and grey cable
      SECONDARY I have yellow and 2 reds, 1 black and 2 Blues.

I have as tools only a normal digital multimeter.

Thanks Guys

Comment

Originally posted by Fabrizio View Post
        How do you test the transformer out of circuit? I have no idea so please be patient with me.

PRIMARY I have blue,red,brown,white and grey cable
        SECONDARY I have yellow and 2 reds, 1 black and 2 Blues.
        On primary, connect red to brown. Now apply voltage (from limiter lamp) between blue and grey. If bulb lights bright, transformer is bad. Otherwise, check AC volts at secondary between 2 reds, then between 2 blues.
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Thanks G1

Originally posted by g1 View Post
          On primary, connect red to brown. Now apply voltage (from limiter lamp) between blue and grey. If bulb lights bright, transformer is bad. Otherwise, check AC volts at secondary between 2 reds, then between 2 blues.
          Hi G1 ,

Sorry for late reply but I was doing gigs over the weekend.
          You are right it is a Bad Transformer , I followed your instructions and the bulb limiter went on very bright.

Thank you very much for your clear instructions.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
          X