• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished my BE100 based Clone

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3018.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	871703This thing took entirely to long to build. And while it's not nearly as tidy as FourT6and2's works of art, I put alot of effort into this thing and making sure I understand everthing I was doing. Just waiting on some panels to make it look proper

Classic Tone 100W Project Transformer
    Classic Tone 100W Plexi OT
    Classic Tone 3H Choke
    12v regulated heaters and switching
    WIMA Caps
    Carbon Film resistors JJ anad IC filter caps
    Valvestorm project chassis and offset headshell
    Added Mid control for clean channel as well as used .047uf's in the tone stack
    Changed switching to have LED lit for dirty and off for clean (Blue LED's sound better)
    3 way excursion (M-L-T)

I tried to record it but the combination of my hack playing and crappy cell phone can't capture it proper
    https://youtu.be/0PLPmT4C44c
    https://youtu.be/iJTjJV5LH3M

The build looks plenty respectable to me and I thought the clips were fine, too- especially given that they were recorded with a cell phone. Nice work!

Welcome to the place!
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
      The build looks plenty respectable to me and I thought the clips were fine, too- especially given that they were recorded with a cell phone. Nice work!

Welcome to the place!
      Thanks. This is my 4th build, but my first in 5 years. My first venture into channel switching and DC regulated heaters, etc. Good thing I live 2 miles from mouser, I probably made a dozen will call trips there to pick up parts that I forgot and changed my mind on.

Comment

Living 2 miles from Mouser is a VERY good thing

Comment

Very nice work. I hope that black fiber board doesn't go conductive on you. I've had it ruin a perfectly nice build before, never again!
          It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

Comment

Originally posted by Randall View Post
            Very nice work. I hope that black fiber board doesn't go conductive on you. I've had it ruin a perfectly nice build before, never again!
            It is my understanding that it is the black fiber based board that have a tendency. This is marketed as "Non-Conductive FR4/G10"

Comment

Originally posted by scottosan View Post
              It is my understanding that it is the black fiber based board that have a tendency. This is marketed as "Non-Conductive FR4/G10"
              It is nor fibre board notice the turrets. G10 is fiberglass I think..
              nosaj
              soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

"This is marketed as "Non-Conductive FR4/G10"

Oh, well then there you go! No worries.
                It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

Comment

Nice build!
                  The only good solid state amp is a dead solid state amp. Unless it sounds really good, then its OK.

Comment

Working...
                  X