Can anyone identify this supposed 1960s resistor between the can capacitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone identify this supposed 1960s resistor between the can capacitors

Between the can capacitors there is a resistor that doesn't look like any other resistor in the whole circuit.Can you tell what type of resistor this is,I am fairly new to all this .Do you know if the old color band codes from the 1960s ,match today's color codes .Green as hell,but I love learning interesting stuff .I would appreciate any info.thank you very much
    Attached Files

Very old resistors have a color code that works in the sequence 'body-tip-spot'.

Explained here:
    https://www.vintage-radio.com/repair...resistors.html

Colored bands do work the same as today's.

Comment

The slightly larger resistor is a ceramic body type - possibly an Erie. The smaller one is a carbon composition.

Comment

I'd guess 1k, if I can read the paint correctly... what's it measure?
        Maybe 1W...

Justin
        "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
        "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
        "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

What amp is it? Maybe there is a schematic available.
          "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

The smaller carbon resistor is easy: red-red-red = 2.2K +/-20%

I assume the larger resistor follows the body-tip-spot code that malcolm referenced in post #2.
            On my screen (which has lousy color rendering), I see a red body and a black stripe = two-zero-some number of zeroes.
            Is there a hidden dot somewhere on that resistor?

-rb
            DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Comment

no doubt on the 2.2k.
              If it is a Body-tip-spot, it looks to be a 1K. Man, that's tough though. Those colors could have drifted quite a bit (the resistance may have as well!)
              If I have a 50% chance of guessing the right answer, I guess wrong 80% of the time.

Comment

Hmm, what number is burnt umber?

-rb
                DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Comment

Originally posted by rjb View Post
                  Hmm, what number is burnt umber?

-rb
                  Bob Ross would know if he were still with us.
                  If I have a 50% chance of guessing the right answer, I guess wrong 80% of the time.

Comment

Working...
                  X