Music Man alnico rod .375"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music Man alnico rod .375"

Anyone know where I might be able to source some for a reasonable price? I only need 10 at 1" or so. Here's a link but the price is pretty steep! https://www.magnetshop.com/alnico-gr...ts-p-2119.html

You could try Allstar as they've had them in the past. The price above drops pretty dramatically as you add quantity but what are you going to do with the extra 490 pieces.

Comment

This fellow has them 3/8" x 3/4" and 3/8 x 2" so you might ask about a custom size. guitar pickup ALNiCo grade 5 magnet cylinder 8 each 3/8"dia x 3/4" | eBay
      All the MM pickups I've seen after 1977 were 3/4" mags across.

Comment

Thanks DK! I sent a quote request to Allstar. I feel silly going through the process just for 10 pieces but I'll see what they say. Good to know about the length. I was willing to grind to length but if I can save an hour of bending over the lathe I would be happy.

The seller on eBay wants $25 to ship to Canada. Ouch! $46 for 8 pieces. There goes my profit margin!

Comment

Magnetic Hold has the 3/8 x 3/4 inch for $1.05 each.
          I've used them for bass multi-coils, they sound great.
          http://music-electronics-forum.com/a...price-list.pdf
          T
          "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
          Terry

Comment

whoa! thanks Big! that's more reasonable. $40 minimum order is doable. I do need to replenish my stock. Allstar did get back to me but I'm waiting on the final quote.

Comment

Originally posted by StarryNight View Post
              whoa! thanks Big! that's more reasonable. $40 minimum order is doable. I do need to replenish my stock. Allstar did get back to me but I'm waiting on the final quote.
              If you are going to order more stuff?
              I really like their .195 A3 Rods, and the A2 Bar mags.
              Shoot Shea an email, he is easy to work with.
              T
              "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
              Terry

Comment

Allstar is $5/piece minimum order $100

Comment

Ebay folks may be willing to ship to you first class for a lot less ($9.50) than what Priority mail costs now that tracking is included on first class package international (or whatever the hell they call it now). They should be able to do it right from the Paypal postage printing page even though the default is still priority mail international. It's a drop down menu and I suspect many a seller didn't notice when the third option was added a year or two ago. You can always offer to forego buyer protection and let them off the hook if it gets lost. They are just covering their butts in case someone files a claim with Paypal.

Comment

placed an order with Magnetic Hold. Seemed easy to work with. No issues for first time order. Was out of one size but had the next size in length which is fine. Quick response time. so far so good!

Comment

Working...
                    X