What kind of guitar is THAT?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of guitar is THAT?!?

The Cactus Blossoms "Mississippi" from the closing credits of Twin Peaks season 3 episode 3. Obviously lipsyncing (picksyncing?) their song as the solo sounds like a baritone guitar which this is not...

Here is the video with a cool retro 50's vibe...

Can anybody explain the new season of Twin Peaks? In particular how does Kyle McLachlan manage to look exactly as he did in the original show 25 years ago?!? That is, when he is not playing his modern day long-haired character...

I've only finished the 3rd episode but this is the strangest TV show I have ever watched!

Steve A.

P.S. I really like the song played on the opening credit of all 3 seasons, "Falling" by Julee Cruise. Here is what appears to be the full version with ethereal lyrics after the instrumental part...

https://youtu.be/dkl0uByXPDU

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cactus.Blossoms.Guitar.2_2017-09-11-18-17-10.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	139.0 KB
ID:	871854
    The Blue Guitar
    www.blueguitar.org
    Some recordings:
    https://soundcloud.com/sssteeve/sets...e-blue-guitar/

I thought it looked like a National. While searching Bing images I found a Supro that looks like that
    Click image for larger version

Name:	th.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	6.7 KB
ID:	846393
    Vote like your future depends on it.

Comment

The headstock seems all wrong, but the body is a lot like something B&G would make.

However, that Supro seems like it has more of what's in the band picture.

Comment

I think it's this.

"I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Thanks!
          The Blue Guitar
          www.blueguitar.org
          Some recordings:
          https://soundcloud.com/sssteeve/sets...e-blue-guitar/

Comment

Originally posted by Steve A. View Post
            Can anybody explain the new season of Twin Peaks? In particular how does Kyle McLachlan manage to look exactly as he did in the original show 25 years ago?!? That is, when he is not playing his modern day long-haired character...

I've only finished the 3rd episode but this is the strangest TV show I have ever watched!
            I am not too happy with the way the 3rd season ends, but you will see what I mean when you get there. There are many slow parts and scenes that just seem to be filler, Dougie will drive you absolutely crazy!! The music selections of bands in the series, for the most part, are just not that great. Either way this new season is pretty damn crazy Sh!t!! Just wait till you get to episode #8... Holy Smokes!!
            When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Working...
            X